Help with my food log.

Options
I am going to start tracking on Saturday 11/12 using MFP instead of Weight Watchers. I pre-tracked my food for that day, but I can't seem to get my Fat/Carbs/Calories/Protein right where they need to be. I've never used any sort of tracking that's been this specific, so I'm not sure what should be tweaked in my menu for that day. I'm just stumped about what to change. If anyone could take a look and make any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I believe my food diary is set to public.

Do you all notice better results when you can hit these all pretty spot on? Or does it matter if they're off by a little bit? I would imagine getting the calorie count as close as possible is the most crucial thing, but then again I may be wrong! Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

Replies

• LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You mean the MFP presets? Nah. Ignore them and do what works for you. I eat 5% carbs, 30% protein and 65% fat. That's my golden ratio, but everyone's is different! Good luck! You will love MFP!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Personally, I only pay attention to the net calories. I don't pay attention to the carbs/proteins/fats etc...
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Oh really? That makes me feel better then. I've been sitting here studying how to get all of these things as close as possible to what they suggest.. lol.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've did look at your diary for later this week. Your cal count will be fairly close and that's good. Going over in protein IMO is not a bad thing. Also you may want to tweak what is shown so that you can track your sodium (i believe that you can change it in settings). By keeping my sodium lower and my water intake higher I've done better.
  • smotrovataylor
    Options
    I was also not worrying about the composition of my meals - just the calories - but then stopped losing as I switched to more sweets/fats, still staying within the calorie count. Asked my nutritionist. Apparently our body metabolizes different foods differently - and it will store fats longer/more easily, for example. Sugars also have a different reaction with the body than do proteins. Basically what I got out of it is that I had to go back to a healthier way of eating regardless of staying within the calorie count...