Gaining weight?

Options
I'm new to this sight I'm 5'7 and weight 124 pounds, I'm trying to drop a few pounds but I was just wondering if anyone has any idea as to why I've gained weight even though I am " not consuming enough calories " and I used to eat more than 1200 calories a day?

Replies

• kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    at 5'7" you already should not need to lose weight at 124 pounds.....second, if you are not consuming enough calories according to the site, it is because you are below 1200 calories most likely which is UNHEALTHY for anyone......You are putting your body in starvation mode and your body is holding onto Everything you consume...therefore gaining water weight and gaining weight from stored food. You need to eat more, and I don't believe its healthy for you to lose any more weight..... I am 5'3" and My healthy weight At the LOWEST is 125 pounds!!!
  • lisaritter1519
    lisaritter1519 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are 5' 7" then the lowest, healthy weight for you is 123lbs; and that is if you have a small frame. Like the previous poster stated, it is unhealthy to eat less than 1200 calories per day. Your body can't get the nutrients it needs with that few calories. If you are unhappy with how you look and don't already make exercise a part of your life I would encourage you to do so. Be sure to include both cardio and strength/resistance training.