I need HELP -I keep falling

Options
This is my first time having a profile as well as posting. I am not sure where this going to go. I have a very long journey to get to my goal. My intent is to enjoy the ride as i get to my destination. To get to my goal I need some REAL support, more than ever. I have had good intentions in choosing what I allow to go in my body, but for these last 4 days I have not been honest with what I need verses what I want.

Replies

• RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    you may keep falling, but you keep getting back up! thats amazing, keep going:) you can and will do it!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ONLY YOU can make the changes you need.

yes, support can help..............but where's your motivation, what do you want?
  • watchmelive
    watchmelive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Woggy3939
    I have a incentitive in front of me, which is a Ball/Dance in Feb that I have considered to partake in. Because i dont want to look like a stuffed pillow in a formal dress i am really trying to choose better choices of what food i am eating. Of course, many of use have situations/obstacles in our lives but we can't use them as excuses, but should use them as motivators.
    I want to loose the weight, and become healthier than I am now.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up
    - Vince Lombardi

A winner is a loser who was willing to fail and get up, fail and get up, fail and get up, fail and get up and win
    - Peter Zafra

And my favorite:smile: :
    Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.
    - Orison Swett Marden
  • benefielddan
    Options
    Sometimes we need a little help with some supplements to get over the initial addictions and carb cravings. I have been using something called shakeology from beach body. It is somewhat expensive; but not too bad when you think of it in comparison to a month of meals. Of course, the main thing is, you have to want to do this. There are lots of great tools and people on this site to support you so you are already off to a good start. Best of luck on your journey! :smile:
    Dan
  • jmcclain75
    Options
    There is this old chinese proverb that I used to read all the time when I was a member of Curves that said "One thousand mile journey begins with one step." You have taken the 'one' step already, and several more . . . just keep stepping. I've found that there is great support on this site, because everyone has a common goal; particularly weight loss and management. You can do it, you've already proven that you have what it takes to do it; now let's copy NIKE and just "DO IT!" We're here for each other!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    THe past is done but you're moving forward! The support from mfp is what keeps me going forward and helps me with the bad days! Always willing to help support each other add me if you'd like!
  • AshlLynnJ
    Options
    it looks like everyone above me has some awesome encouragement. i often find myself in the same spot you're at but from what i can see mfp looks like there's an excellent support system. i'm trying my best to immerse myself in it and surround myself with everyone here who is all for one common goal; to lose weight and be healthy. you can do it just stay optimistic, and make all of your lifestyle changes second nature. best of luck on your weight loss journey!:happy:
  • watchmelive
    watchmelive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW
    I am suprised by the quick response and the support thus far. I guess we all need a reality check (or ego stroking) every now again. The dedication it takes to log in the meals is only a reflection of self. Again thanks for the support and motivation. Just thanks for pouring back the strength, the love and the will of a can do attitude for my new journey. YOU ALL ROCK!!!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's all about the baby steps. One step at a time and you have a day completed. More steps and you have two days completed. I believe it is true that if you log in to mfp, enter your food, exercise, and post on the boards for 28 days consecutively it will become a habit. MFP has become a lifestyle for me. I don't even go to FB any more. MFP is a great gathering of positive people with the same goals in mind. We are here to help and to be helped. Come on along.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Well as a newbie on MFP but a lifetime dieter I have to agree, it's not whether you fall down but that you get up again. My husband recently had a serious health scare so my worst saboteur is now on the bandwagon. One thing we did was clean all the unhealthy stuff out of the house (food bank loves it). Now he's as hooked on logging on MFP as i am but he is losing faster (sigh). I will keep pursuing him though as my final goal is lower than his. I tell him every day I'm going to catch up. Pick some friends on here or find someone to challenge you and it gets a lot easier. We make a game out of who does the best job each day and if we go out for dinner well we work harder the next day or we save up calories for going out. Feel free to add me as a friend.