? Abut weighing in

Options
Debating on how often I should step on the scale? How often do y'all weigh in?

p.s.
started this journey on 11/7/11

Replies

• thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    once a week.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Even eating properly there are daily fluctuations that don't count at the end of the week.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I weighed daily for a while, but now I only weigh once a week... either sat or sun, but always first thing in teh morning before breakfast. :)
  • geraldm55
    Options
    once a week, same time of day every week and you will get a good weigh-in if you do it more often it will turn into a point of frustration for you as your weight will vary throughout the day and week.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday! Not to be neurotic but to just understand what the body does......It is easy to get overly emotional about wieght fluctuations......I choose to look at the body as a science experiment and come to peace with it!

Weighing everyday helps keep me in check, without the panic.

Best of Luck!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and then right before crawling into bed at night also right after going to the bathroom. But I only log it on the site once a week. I have to weigh in daily to stay on track but it drives some people crazy to see the fluctuation :)
  • jenny4teach
    jenny4teach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I log once a week, but I step on the scale 2-3 other times during the week to just check on my progress. I dont expect to see a huge loss, but if i stay the same I know Im doing the right thing.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    First of all congrats on being here MFP is awesome and so are the people.
    I weight myself every morning first thing. I find this works best for me. yes, weight fluctuates day to day, but if I wake up a little high, it keeps me in check for the rest of the day. If I'm down, it motivates to keep on the right track.
    Good luck!
    6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Once a week at the same time of day (your weight can change as much as 2 lbs over the course of the day). I weigh in Monday morning when I wake up.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Daily drives me nuts!
  • dlsfarris
    dlsfarris Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LOL I weigh once a week at the same time on Sat. That gives me the most "accurate" numbers. But even with that the "accurate" sometimes, excuse my bluntness, pisses me off cause so much can change the results. Being a woman and all the changes we have in a month, drinking water late, eating late, not sleeping the list goes on and on. On those weeks I say to hell with the scale and go another week. I also keep track of measurements which has yet to fail me where the scale has.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    daily, I like to see where I'm at, even when the scale shows some water retention....
  • Tracy8491
    Tracy8491 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! You gave me great advice :))
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    In theory - once a week.
    In practice - anywhere from 2 - 6 times a week.
    I'm planning to start weighing just once a month from November - wonder if I can do it?
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Once every Sunday morning right after waking up. I try to have a light meal on Saturday night as well.
  • Peitilo
    Options
    I usually weigh in first thing Monday morning. Some people do it that way I know a guy who weighs in several times a day. It's a matter of how you want to do it. As long as you eat right and stay active all week you'll be fine.