I MET MY GOAL! 168 to 135lb! 27lb loss!

Options
After 6 months of hard work, switching my lifestyle around and becoming a healthier me, making healthier decisions about food, and learning to enjoy exercising, I have lost 27 lbs as of today November 8th, 2011. It has been a long road for me as I have been battling with weigh loss for over 6 years when I first lost 61 pounds on Weight Watchers, but gained a lot of it back. I discovered the MFP site through an app for my android towards the end of my freshmen year of high school and starting in May of this year, I got down to business. Through the summer I did Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and now that I am back in school for my sophomore year of college, I have gotten into ab conditioning, Zumba classes, and might even start participating in spinning classes. I wanted to share my success with you all because I want you all to know where hard work and dedication can get you! I had my share of bad days and days when I beat myself up over small things, but I didn't let that stop me. Sure, I had days and still have days where I don't have the motivation to get a workout in, but I still do it anyways because I know that my body will thank me later.I am so happy that I have hit my goal! I haven't weighed this little since 8th grade, when even then it didn't last long before I started to gain it back. This time, I'm going to maintain my weight!

Just wanted to thank all my wonderful MFP friends for there support and motivation, I wouldn't be where I am today without them and I wish all of you guys luck wherever you may be in your journeys!

I unfortunately don't have a picture of me from the past couple of weeks, but the following is a timeline of dates and pictures to show you where I have come from at the beginning of the summer to now! I actually weighed closer to 158ish I think in the first picture, because I lost about 10lbs before committing to MFP on my own.

nn4qpc.jpg

Replies

• danginar
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on your accomplishment!! You worked very hard!!! You are an inspiration! I hope you are able to maintain your loss! Good luck to you!
  • dknowsbest
    dknowsbest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's wonderful :) i know i don't know you personally, but i'm proud of you! your story is so inspirational :) i hope you're doing something to reward yourself for reaching your goal - maybe a couple new outfits or a massage?
  • cj1brown58
    cj1brown58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats :)
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! Congrats on meeting you goal and good luck on maintaining!
  • jeastertag
    Options
    Congratulation! I started out around the same and hope to have the same success. Be very proud of yourself!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrats!
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep maintaining and staying on MFP to motivate all of us! :)
  • mangledspoon
    mangledspoon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Woohooo! Well done! Good luck with the maintenance aspect, I find that the hardest part - so stick around on MFP!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your comments mean a lot to me!
    I agree with those who mentioned that maintenance is the hardest, I'm a little scared, but It's a new chapter now and I want to approach it with the utmost optimism that I can muster up!
    I won't leave MFP for sure, because I think it can be just as useful as a tool after one accomplishes their goal as it is during!
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are so motivating and one of the best motivators in MFP. I am so happy for you. :)
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    so inspiring!!! thanks for sharing.. 27 lbs are exactly the lbs I need to lose.. CONGRATS!! :flowerforyou:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    awesome! be very proud of yourself!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are so motivating and one of the best motivators in MFP. I am so happy for you. :)

Awww! This made my morning to hear! I really appreciate it and I'm glad I can be motivating at times! It's made a world of difference in my case, so I just want to pay some of it back!

Thanks for your kind words everyone!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job!! :)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job. That's a great accomplishment!
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dkueter94
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!!! Congrats on sticking with it! What a reward!!!! :)
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job! you just made my day, I started the same and my goal is the same, hopefully i can be as successful as you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!