Body Bugg

Options
I'm thinking about getting one of these, and thought I would see if anyone had experience with one? Thoughts?

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My wife and I each have one. I think it is amazing technology in terms of hardware, but there are a few issues.
    1. It requires a subscription for the online tracking
    2. The web software has a food tracking program; we never use it, because we have found MFP's user based data far superior.
    3. Support is sketchy. We are on a month to month plan, and as I write this, it has taken my wife's account offline whilst they clear the automatic payment. No answer from email support, so a nastygram to their Facebook friend page is the only recourse.

So, short story, expensive, glitchy software but I think the best way to count calorie burn there is on the market.
  • strongwoman84
    strongwoman84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How much is the subscription?
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have used it before and I recommend it. I purchased mine from 24-hour fitness. In my case, I had to subscribe to www.myapex.com which is similar to MFP but you have to pay about $10 to $15 a month. Apex does enable to log your food and to sync the bodybug (at the end-of-day or when you are going to go to sleep). Once it is synced it will calculate how many steps you took along with your calorie budget input and output. It is great but you do have to wear it everyday. I liked it a lot.

The downside was having to wear it at work which always prompted questions or having the bodybug band somewhat clash with your wardrobe, espeically your work wardrobe or going out in the evening with friends. You would have to really wear up high up on your arm if you want the band to be discreet.

Hope this helps.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Also want to say that MFP's database is much better. The body bugg will cost you about $199 to $250. It is not a bad investment and again I do recommend it but I do find MFP to be a better tool to gauge what I am consuming.
  • strongwoman84
    strongwoman84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!