Sigh. Stretch marks!

Options
I know that the angry red color will fade over time, but as I'm losing weight, the skin just looks worse & worse. Each individual stretch mark is sooo deep. It makes my skin looks wrinkly & unsmooth.

I feel like even if I weighed 125 freaking pounds, I still wouldn't be able to rock a bikini & look good. :embarassed:

I feel like my stomach is ruined forever. :brokenheart:

Replies

• cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Try Vitamin E. Take supplements and get a lotion/cream, too. That really worked for me.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Yeah...I don't like mine either. Especially the ones on my boobs and thighs...it's like damn. :/
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Agree with vitamin E. Aloe Vera is good as well!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Then rock a whole piece? I totally get where you are coming from. I've had 4 lovely children out of 5 pregnancies. I've just accepted the fact that my midsection will never look as great as it did before that first child was born. I wouldn't let this minor bump in the road ruin your efforts to lose weight.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have them everywhere. Mine have faded over time and i only wear a bikini in the summer. No one is perfect, I dont care about them anymore.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The redness does fade, but I can't say the white/silver is much better. I haven't gotten to the point where I've lost a significant amount of weight, so my stretch marks are still stretched, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about what things will look like later on. Supposedly, as you lose weight slowly and naturally your skin should shrink and the appearance of the stretch marks should get much better.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    try vit E or strivectin-sd is working foe me
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you :)
    I hate my stretch marks with a passion, but there is nothing we can do about it, they are battle scars really. They will fade when you lose weight, depending on how deep they are. your skin has elasticity to it and it will snap back in some places, but I cannot promise in all. I know my ex has really bad stretch marks because he has medications that cause him to gain a lot of weight. I think about how he doesn't care about the stretch marks on his body, nor did he care about mine. I know we hate them, trust me I hate my severely, but I know I got them for a reason *hug* anything I can do for you let me know!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I don't like mine either. Especially the ones on my boobs and thighs...it's like damn. :/

I agree. :ohwell:
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Mine too :( I use olive oil, VIT E, and bio oil. The ones on my thighs are almost invisible now and remember that not many people will notice and if they do, they probably don't care.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I wear my stretch marks proudly :laugh: I don't know that anything will ever make them fade comepletely but with my first pregnancy my stretch marks were so deep that some of them started to bleed. I got some Bio-Oil and it really helped. I still have them but they aren't as bad as they used to be, now they're a light white color. I suggest that if your going to try anything. I had 10 year old stretch marks on the sides of my boobs...those are gone now. Those one's I was happy to get rid of :laugh:
  • jenniferpayne5
    jenniferpayne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There is hope! Lasers are getting really good at reducing the apperance of strech marks. Also thermage can tighten skin and improve the texture and appearance. When I get to goal and maintain it for awhile I am going to spend the money on some plastic surgery to give me my bikini body back.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I have a few on my sides from my pregnancy but I use strivectin-sd and it's working for me
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    They suck...but my husband swears my skin looks good when you consider both my kids tipped the scales at damn near ten pounds...(9 lbs 12 oz and 9 lbs 15oz).

Luckily, it's socially acceptable to wear clothing under 99.99% of all situations! LOL!
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My body is covered in small white ones. My boobs, my thighs, my arms. Those ones don't bother me. It's just the ones on my stomach. I have ones that are like, half an inch wide. They're huge. And so deep. They just look awful. Really, really awful. :explode:
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've heard MSM is the thing to take to tighten up the skin...
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i've only gotten up to 165 (128 now and holding for a year) but I STILL have stretch marks.... mine are silver-ish
    and i'm only 21 :(
    i figure it's just the price of being a woman :/
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've heard MSM is the thing to take to tighten up the skin...

What's MSM?
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    i've only gotten up to 165 (128 now and holding for a year) but I STILL have stretch marks.... mine are silver-ish
    and i'm only 21 :(
    i figure it's just the price of being a woman :/

that is the most perfect statement ever. I HATED mine, actually loathed them. but now they are almost faded and no one really notices and if they do i dont care. Love who you are! ever hear of the saying "those you mind dont matter, those who matter dont mind" :) Be proud and strut your stuff! Its all about confidence!
  • teena82
    teena82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Queen of stretchmarks in the house!! I'm covered...from the top of my boobs to the back of my knees, seriously! I've tried almost everything...strivectin, bio oil, extreme exfoliation, pure unrefined Shea butter...it is what it is though. I'm not gonna hate myself over something I have no control over...I will wear my bikini proudly and if anyone has a problem with it they can kiss my wrinkled, stretchmarked behind! ;)