Pedometer

Options
I bought a pedometer to track how any steps I'm taking a day.
Is there anyway to log that on myfitnesspal?
I don't want to include it in the exercise because it is just the total steps for the day.

Thanks,
dyangarcia

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If you just want to log your steps you can always make it a note at the bottom of your exercise input. That is how I keep track of my miles.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I log it in both areas. My meter reports calories, and time moving, so I use that in the exercise field, and make reference to the steps, time, cal's in the notes area.
  • oceanerin
    oceanerin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What kind of pedometer do you have? I want to get one that works good
  • divinesaber
    divinesaber Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPhone or iPod Touch? You can get a pedometer app via the App Store. :) I currently use one to track how much calories I've burned :D
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @oceanerin:
    I have two pedometers. Both work well enough. The Omron GOsmart (HJ-112) is a little big. The SportLine fitness pedometer with 7 day recall (mileage only). It looks like the 360 model, but I cannot tell you for sure as the model number is not on the unit itself. (it's not the advanced)
    Another I have owned and liked is very similar to the Sportline® Pulse Monitor Pedometer (EA). it was put out by Bodybreak at the time.

Everyone I have purchased has been reasonably close for accuracy +-5%. The give away ones have been useless at +-30%.

I have been only after an estimate of the steps taken in a day. if I'm out by 500 on a (low) 10,000 day I really don't miss them.
  • oceanerin
    oceanerin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks!