how are you staying motivated?

Options
I lately have lost all motivation and I can't seem to get it back. Does anyone have anything that they have or do to keep themselves motivated? I'm trying its just getting really hard especially when you live with someone who eats whatever and your whole family is unhealthy. Tips would be great! Thank you!! :)

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I try to motivate myself personally by setting myself goals and putting them up as a challenge. I do this with my writing, reading and artwork. I have found out it helps out a lot. Right now I have set up myself a 5 week workout plan and I am hopping to stick to it the best I can. I love setting goals down for myself, it makes me feel great when I accomplished them.

Also, having a good group of friends on this place really help with motivation. I know I have a few good friends I have met on here and they are amazing. If you want, add me as your friend and I will do my best to give you motivation!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about the Australian summer coming up and spending days in a bikini. That seems to work for me. Other than that i read health magazines and the models in them help motivate me too.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yepps, im in a similar position and i'll make two meals if necessary. im the only one on this diet and the things that motivates me are the scale and the mirror lol
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It must be hard without support at home but you can do it.

I set goals to work towards. For example, just two more kilograms and I get my new gold watch. Then I want to look great and wear whatever I like to my son's wedding in April next year. And in the longer term, I will ride in the Great Victorian Bike Ride in 12 months time.
  • Whiteau
    Whiteau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's getting hard for me also. I have lost up to 12 pounds. Now I have gained it all back. I don't know what to do anymore.
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    by being able to fit into this, as of saturday...and then getting up in front of a bunch of people in 2 weeks to show off all my hard work :)

126_1.jpg
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Pictures help motivate me, either pictures of me at my heaviest or my lowest can be helpful. Also, I love writing myself notes like "just do it" or "make time for exercise" to help motivate me to work out. Lastly, periodically trying on my skinny jeans can be motivating.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Our family has 2 meals almost every night - On the nights I'm at yoga my husband cooks and I make dinner when I get home. My family understands that this is something I need to do for me and they are super supportive. Is it easy - NO, I miss having dinner with the family and that quality time but my happiness is equally important so we all adjust.

On evening I come home and jump on the treadmill, we eat together but again I make 2 different entrees and that's ok - If they want what I'm eating (fish) they let me know. This is my choice and I can't get upset if my husband chooses not to participate, that is none of my business as long as he supports me that's what matters. I choose to not have 6 double stuff oreos (every night) but he does and can.

As far as exercise - I love yoga so that's easy but the other nights that treadmill doesn't always seem appealing BUT I say to myself "it's ONLY 20 minutes and I'm worth it" and I go downstairs and before I know it 20 minutes is done and since I'm there (and sweaty) I may as well go another 10.

Dig deep doll - You can do this and I promise it gets easier.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Looking back at my old life, my old 'head' ... keeps me on this course for a better life.

Loving it, now living it. It's my new life now - why go back ?

Gary
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When I slouch, I can still pinch the fat rolls around my abdomen. Usually, that stops me from hitting the McDonald's drive-through on the way home from work.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just think "I will get to my goal and Il look great" and that motivates me. Also thinking how my 6 month old will beneift by having a healthy happy mummy instead of an unhappy unfit one. Some times I get put off that iv got another 20+lbs to go but im halfway so I CAN and WILL do it
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The Nook. I walk home everyday from school to not to only lose weight, but all the bus fair I save will allow me to get one soonish. (I'm a materialistic person, I need these kinds of rewards. They're the only things that make me happy U.U )
    Sometimes I walk down to the B&N and just gaze upon it. At times I can almost feel it in my hands.
    I just have to stay on my diet through the new year and I can has it.

Keeping busy as well.
    If you have a ton of junk to do you don't have time to peruse the fridge.
    Most days I have four hours of studying and a few hours NaNoWriMo to and that leaves me with just enough free time to pee.

And I don't eat the same food as your family, maybe?

Good luck.
    You can do it! :D
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Im planning to race a friend in a marathon + I'm competing with my dad to lose weight lol...
  • Maila29
    Options
    Looking at pictures of girls with perfect bodies helps me stay motivated haha and I just think to myself "imagine what you'll look like when you've reached your goal weight!" :)
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me was to sign up for a 5k. Then I have to go jogging to prepare for it. And I try to set myself a time goal for the 5k, and each one I sign up for I try to improve my time a little.

Once I start losing a little weight, and seeing results, I think "wow, I CAN do this!" Just try to stay positive.

In the long term, I want to get my belly button pierced. I've never had a stomach that I've felt comfortable showing off, so that's motivation to get in shape!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I bought a buttload of size medium clothing. They are not going to waste.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Same here. The one thing that honestly helps though is looking at all the skinny people where I live (Japan).

Girls and guys here are gorgeous...the average person here is equal to a model in the U.S.

Women walk around in high heels and mini skirts...the same clothing looks 10X better on them because they are so skinny. ^^ I want to be able to look as nice in my clothing ^^