Cupcake frosting question?

Options
Hi! I'm kind of new here and haven't really posted much yet but I have a question...

Does anyone know how many calories are in cupcake frosting? I had a Publix white cake/white frosting cupcake that was just CALLING my name. I ate the frosting and tossed the cake part and was trying to figure out how to count it in my food journal. Maybe next time I'll have the will power to say no to the whole thing but I need help in the meantime! :tongue: Thanks in advance for any tips!

Replies

• ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Hi! I'm kind of new here and haven't really posted much yet but I have a question...

Does anyone know how many calories are in cupcake frosting? I had a Publix white cake/white frosting cupcake that was just CALLING my name. I ate the frosting and tossed the cake part and was trying to figure out how to count it in my food journal. Maybe next time I'll have the will power to say no to the whole thing but I need help in the meantime! :tongue: Thanks in advance for any tips!
  • lkfulcher
    Options
    hmm... i'm not familiar with publix cupcakes. but... i would probably just search for white frosting and record that i ate like 1/4 cup or something. does that sound about right?? hope that helps you out.

i kinda want a cupcake now, lol. :tongue:
  • macollins79
    Options
    Betty Crocker - Rich and Creamy Butter Cream Frosting

I make cakes and my own icing the betty crocker is as about as close as you are going to get... unless you call the store and ask...
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think to look up the Betty Crocker stuff! DUH! :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    was it buttercream, or the whipped type of white frosting? How many tablespoons would you guess? Probably had between 100-400 cals depending how much and what type it was.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    In the database, I put in Robin's homemade buttercream dream frosting. It's made with butter and crisco and of course, powdered sugar. It's done for a half cup serving, depends on how much frosting was on that cupcake... I put lots of frosting on mine, lol... This is probably similar to what stores use, other than theirs is probably more crisco than butter....
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    was it buttercream, or the whipped type of white frosting? How many tablespoons would you guess? Probably had between 100-400 cals depending how much and what type it was.

How's your cake search going Kerri? That new bakery working out? Have you had your fill of buttercream and bettercreams yet? lol
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

How's your cake search going Kerri? That new bakery working out? Have you had your fill of buttercream and bettercreams yet? lol

we never switched bakeries silly- I've got one doing our wedding cake- booked them last summer, and another catering our dessert reception with various desserts and sandwiches and breads. We booked them at Christmastime so I havn't gotten to sample anything in awhile :frown: lol
  • pettmybunny
    Options

we never switched bakeries silly- I've got one doing our wedding cake- booked them last summer, and another catering our dessert reception with various desserts and sandwiches and breads. We booked them at Christmastime so I havn't gotten to sample anything in awhile :frown: lol

lol... My bad, it was Kellch who was having problems with her bakery....