MFP calories to low for me??

Options
Hi some help from anyone would be great

The weight now doesn't seem to be budging I'm sure it's down to MFP the calories being set for me are to low at 1200? I started MFP at 215, I now weigh 194. I want to get to 164. I'm 5ft 9, age 31. I walk approx an hour a day and try doing some other form of exercise most days

????????

Kelly

Replies

• moomoo84
    Options
    just readjust them and make sure you aren't exercising in to your total net calories
  • AshleighLouiseJ
    Options
    Try mixing up your workout. The human body can get used to the same actions so try something new. I can't seem to budge past 56.8kgs(I'm 168cm tall) so I'm going to start intoducing weights and yoga classes to see if that speeds things up. Good Luck
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water, it really helps! Your body needs water to flush itself, and if you don't drink enough, you will actually retain water.
  • BuffytheTimTamSlayer
    Options
    Its taken me over 6 months and my weight has just started moving... despite all the exercise i was doing... comes down to the calories, since i have been on MFP i am losing weight.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Set your activity level on sedentary, log your workouts (including walks) and eat back your exercise calories.
  • AmberRSkelton
    AmberRSkelton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add in strength training, its amazing how extra muscle can boost your metabolism. Also, change around your cardio workouts; its really easy to slow down with walking and end up not walking as fast as you think you are.

I've noticed the MFP calories are a little low too. From what I've gathered, it goes on the principle of needing at 500-600 calorie deficit to loose weight. So for example, if to maintain your weight you need 2000 calories a day, MFP sets your calorie goal at maybe 1400-1500 to create that deficit. If you burn 300 calories in exercise, that's 300 extra you can eat.