My Doctor is so stoked!!

Options
I had my annual physical today, and my doctor was so excited about my weight loss and my new healthy exercise and eating habits. I told her about MFP, and she is planning to tell other patients about it! She told me she is proud of me, and I thanked her, but told her that I am reluctant to accept accolades because I have zero credibility with weightloss given my prior attempts. She responded, "Yes, but you have never had myfitnesspal or all your online friends for support before." That really stuck with me....I CAN do it this time, and I have all of YOU to thank!!

So.....thank you, my friends!!

Replies

• sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well done you!! :)
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    that is great !!
  • stimm87
    Options
    Keep it up, that's awesome!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well said...!~
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    ^5 DAWN!!!! NOW THAT'S A MAJOR NSV!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! You do deserve congrats. You are doing the work! :flowerforyou:
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You can do it and if you ever feel like you can't, you have your fellow MFP'ers to give you a boost :-)
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love going to the doctors now. (Yes, i just said that) Congrads!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too find that my doctor's reaction to my weight loss is a wonderful motivator. Good work.
  • erialsea
    erialsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    great news, mfp is a great help
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Congrats!!
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Keep it up. You can do this!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I had my annual physical today, and my doctor was so excited about my weight loss and my new healthy exercise and eating habits. I told her about MFP, and she is planning to tell other patients about it! She told me she is proud of me, and I thanked her, but told her that I am reluctant to accept accolades because I have zero credibility with weightloss given my prior attempts. She responded, "Yes, but you have never had myfitnesspal or all your online friends for support before." That really stuck with me....I CAN do it this time, and I have all of YOU to thank!!

So.....thank you, my friends!!
    WTG.. I saw my doc on Monday and she was THRILLED to see that I lost 22 pounds since May,, she showed me 283 in May, today 261,, Like you, I told her about MFP,, she never heard of it either.. You should have seen how she grinned from ear to ear!
    Again,, congrats!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've had similar appts with my doctor. I loooove going and seeing her so happy for once. Keep up the great work. You are doing awesome. There will be even less of you at your next appt. ;)
  • evansjune
    evansjune Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! This community is fabulous!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yaay for you! and Yaaay for myfitnesspal! :flowerforyou:
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Excellent! Whoever says you have to go it alone must've been kidding themselves, because having a network with the people here is tremendous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!