Anyone 5'7 about 11 stone? What cals are you eating now?

Options
Hi all, just want to compare what others similar to me are eating. I've lost 34 pounds so far since the beginning of May but it's really slowed down the last few weeks. I'm not in any rush now as I've only got about 17lbs to go, but I thought it would be interesting to see what other people's calorie intake is. At the moment I'm on 1410 per day and I work in an office. I have 3 children so am very busy and I run 4/5 times per week about 22 - 25 miles total so burning about 2500 cals per week. I feel like I need to lower my calories as I'm not losing but at the same time I'm struggling on 1400!

Look forward to hearing your stats! Jox

Replies

• sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi I am same height and weight as yourself, going back 4 years ago I was 16 stone and I lost nearly 4 and a half stone within 3 years, this last 6 months however it has definitely slowed down, I'm figuring it's because we don't have that much to lose now. I try and keep 1480 calories and obviously after I exercise my net calories end up being around 1200/1300.My exercise at the minute is consisting only of walking, wii fit and walking the dog. I am starting back at the gym tomorrow and hoping this will help add me if you wish as we have similar goals :smile:
  • Sstrable
    Options
    I have lost in total about 50lbs. I try to stay under 1200 calories per day. I try to workout at least 4x per week not a lot of intense cardio or anything. I am 5'4 and 24 years old with no kids and a very active job so a little backwards from your life style. I would say your calorie intake is probably fine; especially if you have a hard time with it already. Maybe try mixing up your workout don't do the same thing over and over. I try to implement weights in my workouts it seems to help. I also have noticed a stand still on my scale but I am still losing inches and my body is more toned. You have to remember that it’s all about how you feel, not so much what the scale says. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 and 11 stone 4 so similar, I tend to eat around 1500, I work out 6 times a week burning approx 600 per session and I dont eat back those exercise calories. Im losing 1lb per week but really want to up it to more loss
  • joclougherty
    joclougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 and 11 stone 4 so similar, I tend to eat around 1500, I work out 6 times a week burning approx 600 per session and I dont eat back those exercise calories. Im losing 1lb per week but really want to up it to more loss

Looking at your stats I think I should be eating less then. I am eating around 1400-1500 and doing lots of running but eating all the exercise cals back. If you're losing 1lb per week then no wonder I'm not really getting anywhere lately! I've just worked out I lost 3lb in October and 2lb in September so it's not all bad. As long as it comes off eventually I suppose! I just think I've become a little complacent lately. I really wanted to be 10 and a half stones by Christmas and then 9.12 - 10 stone by my birthday in April. That will be a year since I started then so I suppose another stone to lose in nearly 6 mths shouldn't be too hard!