Weekend help

Options
I do good through the week but by the weekend im so tired I don't wanna worry about what to eat. Lately we have been eating out:noway: BIG NO NO.

So what does everyone do for easy, healthy weekend food?

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I do good through the week but by the weekend im so tired I don't wanna worry about what to eat. Lately we have been eating out:noway: BIG NO NO.

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You can eat out...just make healthy choices. You can ask for more vegetables instead of fries or potatoes. Salads with grilled chicken or salmon are always good ( just not a ceasar salad)

I was away on vacation/business for 6 days and ate out every meal. I was still able to lose a pound
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

I have the same issue! since i don't get to see my boyfriend that much do to his work on the weekends we tend to go out and bbq alot.. Im trying to stick to watermelon and fresh veggies and then if we do go out i order salad or a chicken burger wrapped in lettuce
  • mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I go out to eat, I'll usually stick with chicken; or if I want a burger, I get turkey burgers. If I want a steak or beef, I'll usually skip the appetizer and get vegetables for sides. It's all about balance. Another alternative can be buying food to make homemade replicas of take-out or restaurant food. About.com has recipes for every style of food (Chinese, Southern, you name it), and BHG.com has great recipes also.

When my mom was doing Body for Life, she was allowed one day during the week where she could eat whatever she wanted. This was because during dieting, the plateau comes when the body thinks it's being starved. The one day free-for-all tricks your body.

Hope this helped.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    i custom order everything when i go out to eat...i am sure the servers find it annoying but i have to take care of myself first and foremost!...i ask that they don't bring out bread (or to bring it out with the meal so that i have my food in front of me and am not tempted to woof down a plate of carbs)....when i order i always request no added oil or butter on the veggies (or the meal), steamed veggies in place of a potato/fries, dressing on the side for a salad, if it's a pasta place i ask for whole wheat pasta (if it's available), i ask if they can portion out the meal to a half serving and box the rest (or even better - split the plate with a friend!), i always order water (no soda or juice), if i plan on having an adult drink i skip the carbs with that meal (so no bread, or rice, or potato - whatever it may be), same goes for dessert - if i know i want to end the meal with a treat i definitely don't drink alcohol and no starchy side (and if possible i order something that i can share with my family) :flowerforyou:
  • Vogue
    Vogue Posts: 15
    Options
    My husband and I buy the frozen chicken breast from Sams Club (similar to Costco) What I do is I have some thawing in the fridge usually marinating in something tasty. And I always have frozen veggies on hand ready to steam at a moments notice.

So when dinner is coming up around the corner and I don’t feel like making something big, I simply grab the pre-thawed marinated chicken and throw it on the grill or oven.

The veggies only take about 10 minutes to steam and with some Italian seasoning or garlic salt, they are ready to go. It makes for a low calorie, high protein meal. And keeps you full.

Also, I usually have cooked chicken that has been cubed in a container in the fridge, adding that to a salad make the salad a little more filling as well.

Another favorite of mine is a veggie spinach wrap. I add garlic salt and Italian seasoning to a lowfat cream cheese, with low fat sour cream, whip it up and use it as the spread for the wrap. Then I stuff it with veggies! Cherry tomotos, green bell peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, spinach and cucumbers!

I think it’s key to always have salad mixings in your fridge…pre-slice the veggies you like in your salad so that they prepped and ready to add to anything. I find that this helps with any “last minute” hunger strikes.

I hope that helps!
  • keshia_v03
    Options
    It's ok to eat out on the weekends or during the week for that matter. What I tend to do is look online for the place where I want to eat to see what are the nutritional values for the items that I want to eat. You will be suprised as to how much this helps. If you can make a decision of what you want to eat before you get to the eatery, it won't be that hard to make healthy choices. Also, items you may believe or healthy for you or worst than the bad stuff when you look at the nutritional value. You may even be able to have some dessert.:bigsmile:
  • mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree!! every time I've gone out to eat and looked at the nutritional info afterwards, I've always said "I'm never going there again!" Chili's items have ridiculously high calorie contents, Ted's Montana Grill, however, has generally lower-calorie meals. I'm never going to Chili's again. OH and Dunkin Donuts, check out their nutritional info... :noway: I've stopped getting donuts and baked goods and only get coffee or tea when I go.