Jackie Warner - Power Circuit Training

Options
I was going to run today, but my knee is an angry camper, so I decided to switch it up and do a DVD.

I know there are always similar questions to this, so don't bite my head off. For those of you who have done this DVD, would you log it as Circuit Training? I ask because the calorie burn for circuit training is high on here, and I don't want to overestimate my calories burned and then end up eating too much (today will be my first day eating back some of my exercise calories, since I was told I'm doing this wrong...) She does mostly weights, but there's some cardio mixed in. It's pretty demanding and I do sweat quite a bit.

Thanks guys! I'm saving up for a HRM but I'm not quite there yet.

Replies

• MarleyCats
    MarleyCats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If I'm worried about going over the calorie count, I usually just enter a slightly lower number of minutes for the workout. So if I worked out for half an hour, I'll enter 25 or even 20 minutes. That way I still get to eat back some of those calories, but I can be pretty sure that I'm not going over.

Have you done much research into HRMs? I'd like to get one, but I haven't had the chance to look into them to see what a good buy would be. Do you have a particular model that you're saving for?
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would log it as circuit training, I have that dvd and your heart rates does get up there if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I did it. Is that the one with 3 parts? If so, I'd log upper and lower as circuit and the ab part seperately.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's the 3-part one. That's a great idea! Would you log the ab section as strength?
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Have you done much research into HRMs? I'd like to get one, but I haven't had the chance to look into them to see what a good buy would be. Do you have a particular model that you're saving for?

I made a post about this yesterday, and lots of people weighed in on the best models http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388323-best-hrm-for-the. I'm leaning toward the Polar FT4.
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Logging ab section as strength would work