Crock Pot Turkey

Options
mvkrayola
mvkrayola Posts: 165 Member
I have not made this but I will. I thought with Thanksgiving coming up there are some people who don't need a large turkey and this seemed like the perfect way to have your "bird" and eat it too. I love to make turkey more than once a year and can't wait to try this.

Slow Cooker Turkey and Dressing
1 (8-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix (we tested with Pepperidge Farm)
1 onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 (3-pound) frozen boneless turkey breast, thawed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 (0.88-ounce) package turkey gravy mix

Preparation
Coat inside of a 4-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Add stuffing mix, onion, celery, and cranberries. Combine broth and melted butter. Pour over stuffing, and stir gently.
Remove string from turkey breast. Rinse turkey breast. Place turkey in slow cooker on top of stuffing. Combine salt, pepper, and thyme; sprinkle over turkey. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce to LOW, and cook 5 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in turkey registers 170°.
Remove turkey to a serving platter. Stir stuffing gently in slow cooker; cover and let stand 3 to 4 minutes. Prepare gravy. Spoon stuffing around turkey on platter.
Note: Some turkey breasts come with a gravy packet; some don't. We liked the flavor and color of gravy using a (0.88-ounce) package of turkey gravy mix (we tested with French's).

If someone gets around to cooking this before I do...let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a great idea! Thanks! I hope someone tests it soon so I can read a few reviews... :-)
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • rockin_momma
    rockin_momma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll make that for my famliy this Thanksgiving. My oven hasn't worked of years. (plz don't ask). Curious to hear how it turns out. Thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    This sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving day recipe for my little family! We don't need a whole big bird... I think it sounds yum! Thanks for sharing!! :drinker:
  • AmyT78
    AmyT78 Posts: 12
    Options
    I would also like to know if anyone has tried this! Reviews please!!!! :)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I don't have a crock pot big enough for a turkey. I can fit a whole chicken, but def. not a turkey. Sounds yummy though.

I love to crockpot cook.

Oh DUH now I see that it says just the breast.:tongue:
  • karebear111
    karebear111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I cooked a 6 1/2 lb. bone in turkey breast in a large crock pot last week. I rubbed a pkg. of onion soup mix on the turkey breast and cooked on low for 7 hour. It turned out great and was so moist it just fell off the bone. I'm only cooking for four so I don't need a whole turkey.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I can already smell how good this is !
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump