Going on a Mini Break this Weekend....Any tips?!?!?

Options
Hi

I am going on a mini break this weekend (4 days to Amsterdam).

I will not have access to the internet or be able to use my iphone :-(

Does anyone have any tips for how I can ensure I dont ruin my first week using My Fitness Pal (which has gone soo well) by not being able to count over the weekend....

My first idea is to take Wasabi peas and Nuts Raisins and seeds with me as a snack - and make sure I always have a bottle of water on me.

I would appreciate any advice :)

Thank you

Clare
xx

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    bringing snacks and keeping water on you is a great idea and will definitely help! my suggestion would be to walk as much as you can, and when you eat out, use portion control like crazy! eat what you will, but take some back to your room to eat later - that will save you calories and money! enjoy your vacation!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Four days won't sabotage everything, enjoy! Just remember to try to be as healthy as possible. I visited a friend this weekend for vacation and didn't log, and I'm back on track!
  • Clarabellaaa
    Clarabellaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) Good advise....x:flowerforyou:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    u can still estimate and write it on a post it. Like I know one egg is 70 fried is 92 so I would write it down on a sticky keep it in my pocket. if I ate something with a label it was easier. That way I knew where I was throughout the day. this is what I did while I was on vaca with no internet.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Some of the attraction of a get away is the new and intersting. That is what makes it refreshing! SO don't limit yourself to the same old, same old snacks and meals. That is so BORING. Try new things but limit your portions. LIMIT your portions. Divide yor food before you eat it by asking for a to go box. Then eat only whats left.
    Have FUN!!
  • thebunches
    Options
    If you're eating something with a nutrition label on it, just pull off the label and write what meal is was on which day. Then when you get back , you can log it all. Keeping snacks and water on you is a great idea! Try to think "healthy"...grilled foods when you eat out, or baked, stay away from fried things and sugar. You'll do fine! :)
  • Clarabellaaa
    Clarabellaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ive just bought a Calarie counting book - How funny I forgot all about good old fanshioned book ;) Hopefully that will help too - no where near as great as having this site to hand though!!