Back and ready to find other MFP friends to swap accountabil

Options
I've been on and off of here for the past couple of months. Struggling a bit in life, but deciding not to allow that to hinder my weight loss goals or healthy lifestyle. Stress and obstacles will always rear their ugly heads, but it's how you handle yourself and the decisions you make in the process that define you and your future. (I know profound, right?)

I am hoping to find others in the MFP community who also want to hold each other accountable, motivate, and be the cheerleaders on the sidelines we all need to help steer the wagon in the right direction if there is an "off" day.

For those of you reading this maybe thinking "Yeah, but I can't do it - I've tried so many times..." - It is never too late to become who you want to be... you just have to start. Whether it's starting AGAIN or not, makes no difference - if you don't make today count nothing will change. And who wants that?

Every day is another chance to change your life. So, let's do this together! :)

Replies

• msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • pamotey
    Options
    me too! we all need a bit of help in our quests and the more eyes seeing what you're doing and cheering us on, the better. here's to a supportive community and let's go!
  • ck1rugger
    Options
    I seriously need motivation and a cheerleader, because lately it seems I have more bad days than good days!
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree..If it was easy to become fit...everyone would be fit...Its just the ones who work hard, falling every oncein a while but getting right back up, are the ones doing it..Never give up.Feel free to add me if u want.
  • Crystal_204
    Options
    I've recently came back to MFP after taking the summer off... summer is hard to keep those calories in check, lol... so now I'm back and want to get serious once again.
  • coqui2010
    coqui2010 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right =) I need some encouragement; was on and off a lot last year and now am trying to lose the 10 pounds I gained and I know I can do it; just seems harder this time around. I would love all the support I can get!! =)
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I can always use new friends. My motivation slacks off sometimes but I try to keep going. I think my mini goal now is not to gain any through the holidays and start full force again in the new year. I have lost 30 and seem to have hit a plateau where I lose and gain the same couple of pounds each week. My sweet tooth is giving me fits and I know I need to control that. I am still walking and exercising but not as seriously as I once was. Staying so busy with holiday plans and parties have started already!!!
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi:
    My name is John, I'm 54 years old and disabled. I could use some motivation and support as well as being willing to give same. I would appreciate being added to your friends list.
  • coqui2010
    coqui2010 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can always use new friends. My motivation slacks off sometimes but I try to keep going. I think my mini goal now is not to gain any through the holidays and start full force again in the new year. I have lost 30 and seem to have hit a plateau where I lose and gain the same couple of pounds each week. My sweet tooth is giving me fits and I know I need to control that. I am still walking and exercising but not as seriously as I once was. Staying so busy with holiday plans and parties have started already!!!

This is what I have been doing also; I know everyone says I'll start fresh in the new year but with all the parties it is hard to lose weight. I am also trying to not gain over the holidays and start fresh with the weight loss at the beginning of the new year =)
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    with ur wonderfully worded post...hbu start one & i'll join. cause i sure don't have cheerleaders at home!
  • KatieLowe87
    Options
    Count me in - I'm glad to have other people to cheer me on (and tell me off when I deserve it!) :wink:
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for reading and replying so fast! I really think the key to success is having a strong support system. When I have some time I think I'm going to set up a weekly forum to vent/write motivation/etc I'll keep everyone updated! Thank you all for the adds/requests!