GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (SCALE)

Options
When I started this diet I went out and bought a fancy electronic scale. Now the damn thing tells me a different weight every time I use it. Grrrr I have no idea how much I weigh now. Gonna go return it today when hubby gets off work. Plain old old fashion scale for me. Has anyone else had this problem?
:explode:

Replies

• Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes! Its so frustrating! I weigh like 6 times until I get the same number a few times lol
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling...I did the same & mine will read differently even if you move it a little bit on the floor!! its frustrating cos although it has a nice big clear display...its not much use if you cant reliably measure your loss or worse (if you gain)...
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Before returning it change the battery. Mine did that and it was just a low battery.
  • stacyemmynik
    stacyemmynik Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself on like 5 different scales and gotten a variation up to 10 pounds. I suggest getting a scale that shows a consistent weight and using only that scale to track weight loss. Or skip the scale and use a tape measure to track inches lost. I use a scale and inches. The inches are always more rewarding for me then the pounds. Because the inches mean my body is actually smaller.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Before returning it change the battery. Mine did that and it was just a low battery.
    Also, make sure it's on a hard, flat/even surface. Having the scale on a rug or carpet will provide incorrect readings.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    A food scale is a better investment.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, but I'm thinking mine is a battery issue as well. It didn't used to be this weird. Although, I will admit, when I got the fancy scale there were a lot more variations (if I moved, moved the scale, ect) But for the most part it was consistent (until recently which is why I think it's the battery)

I also don't put my scale away. I leave it in the same place in the bathroom and try not to move it if possible.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I will never again buy a fancy scale.... sticking to the regular digital ones. Make sure it is on a flat surface and that you stand straight, feet flat and dont move :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Biggest Loser food scale, love mine! I was going to get a fancy one that calculates calories and such, but just got the basic one and have been very happy with it :)
    A food scale is a better investment.