Need a ground turkey recipe for tonight - no carbs!!

Options
2»

Replies

• DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm having a turkey taco salad tonight. Only, like, 4 carbs.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    my hubby loves when I make a turkey meatloaf... I just add spices I like, a little BBQ sauce sauteed onions and bell peppers and make a loaf cook it til brown and add the ketsup on top
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I'm thinking we are gonna have turkey tacos with lettuce as the shell. Sounds tasty!! Thanks everyone!!
  • bwolking
    Options
    I make a turkey taco meatloaf that's really good. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=504983
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make delicious turkey patties! This recipe is for a full 20 oz package of ground turkey, so you would want to cut it in half. I like to serve with quinoa (made with chicken broth, garlic, and served with sliced green onions/scallions) and salad.

20 oz lean ground turkey
    1 egg
    1/3 cup bread crumbs
    1 TBSP lemon juice
    2 TBSP Soy sauce
    2 TBSP sliced scallions

Mix together and cook over medium heat in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray, about 4-5 minutes each side; do not overcook.

Makes 8 patties (1 patty per serving):

Cals: 102
    Fat: 1.5 gm
    Protein: 18
    Carbs: 3
    Sodium: 451
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have to bump! You all have such wonderful ideas. Thanks for asking and thanks for those who shared some yummy wonderful ideas!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    How about turkey burgers? You could add some simple seasoning like seasoned salt and form the patties OR you could add powdered ranch dressing and make them. Super simple but tasty!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs with seasonings, white onions, garlic, and vinaigrette parm dressing.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger patties (obviously without the bread). Mix in some chopped onions and grill them in small patties or balls.
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • shaw409
    Options
    I vote for turkey meatloaf as well. Add minced onions, green pepper, a egg ehite and tom paste. Yummy!!!
  • k_stump_13
    k_stump_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Turkey Lettuce Wraps. There is a seasoning mix by Sun Bird that works really well. Add to Romaine or Butter Lettuce and you are good to go. Not a lot of carbs in lettuce.
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    stuffed bell peppers or tomatoes!

I usually add some feta cheese as well.

delicious!