Insanity is Isane!!!!

Options
So I am on Day Four of Insanity...and I am so sore! I believe today is the "easy" day, which I know is not actually an easy day compared to my normal work outs of walking or playing tennis. I did insanity about 2 months ago and quit after day four. Any advise on how to keep at it after today? It really is a great and extremely difficult workout. I am not a person who sweats much during workouts or sports, but Insanity has me dripping by the end! Any advise on keeping at it with insanity?

Replies

• MelanieSHorne
    Options
    Im about to start it too hopefully today or tomorrow and what keeps me going through my workouts is just what i envision myself when im done, and when my husband gets home and how surprised he will be after all my hard work. Thats my goal, so maybe something like that might keep you going?
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Insanity IS insane. My suggestion is to just do the best you can. Keep pushing play. The more you do it the better you get and stronger you will become. Your commitment to the program will NOT be wasted (especially if you eat well along with the workouts).
  • sw33tn3ss07
    Options
    Drinks lots of water and make sure you have a protein (such as an egg, ect.) before and after you workout. Trust me this will make you feel better and give you the extra kick to keep going. Good Luck!
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i'm really curious to see what other people will say! i'm pretty much the exact same way as you... i did tae kwon do for 7 years and i exercise by going to different ymca workout classes. however, after the STARTER CLASS of insanity, i was sore for 3 days straight. i've never before felt so unathletic!

how do people keep at it?! ADVICE = magical; thanks in advance!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Dig deeper!! I just finished insanity this weekend. It was tough but I have never felt stronger. Keep going, by the end of the second week it felt a lot easier. You can do it!
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did insanity last year as well and I am about to start it up again. All i did in order to keep on going is look how much i was transforming my body in such a short amount of time with the exercise. Then thinking about how amazing I would look if I finished it. KEEP IT UP!!!!! I am a competitive person too so the fact that you compete with yourself intrigued me to make sure I do push myself this way I do better with the fitness test everytime!!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Agree...it's totally insane.

I found that as I kept going I started to get addicted to it...if you get through week 1 you'll find you're improving dramatically, and that motivation keeps you pushing play!

Month 2 takes even more grit...but that's when you really start seeing results so that kept me going. Plus the calorie burns are ridiculous!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of to tell you is to just tell/make yourself do it. You have to put it in your mind that you are NOT going to stop this time. You have to REALLY WANT to do it or you will find some excuse or another to stop it. I would LOVE to get back to Insanity but my disorder wears me out so bad I'm scared of not being able to keep form and consequently injure myself. My doctor has added Creatine to my medication and I'm already noticing some VERY SLIGHT improvement. I hope to be able to get back soon.

It's all a mind set. YOU CAN DO IT. As Shaun T says "Dig Deeper!" You'll find it.....I'm sure of it. Good luck!
  • adamswife23
    adamswife23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity two weeks ago. It is WORTH IT!!! I dropped 4lbs and lost 5inches! Just keep pushing play and you won't be disappointed with sticking with it, I promise. I know it can be tough some days to push play and keep up with it, but I always told myself "try 5 minutes" and if I didn't get into by then at least I tried, but by the time the warm up was done and we were into the streching I saw that we had less than 30 minutes and knew I could do that. Great job and keep up the great work!
  • cheltonmelanie
    cheltonmelanie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the beginning of week two of insanity...I started out with the test and felt so bad. I could hardly get through it. I just took the test after the first two weeks and literally kicked my own butt. I more than doubled my own scores from two weeks ago. I can't believe I was such a wimp two weeks ago and how much strength and endurance I have gained in just two weeks. My husband took a picture of me exercising just to prove to me how my body really has changed in two weeks and I can see my arms are looking buff. In literally two weeks I have gone down in a pant size and I can't believe how I am changing. It really is sooo hard but believe me it is working. Every day I have to fight myself to get through it but I think about how it works and how that is my motivation. I am a wimp so if I can do it I know anybody can.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I finished a few weeks ago too. You can do it. I have my little brothers doing it with me lol. Well they just finished month 1. They are both young, around 13, so they do the best they can. Just give it what you got. I mean it's gonna knock you down. You just gotta get back up and fight. I'm about to restart the max portions so I can do it with my lil bros. There are many people suffering, so to speak, with you.
  • cheltonmelanie
    cheltonmelanie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on week two...I stopped being so sore after about day four...I was literally walking around hunched over like a 90 year old lady but after about day 4 or 5 I was not sore like that any more. It gets better. Wait until you take the test again after week two and you see how much you improve and then you will be motivated to keep going and going.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about starting it myself...Have done a few of them here and there, but not the entire thing. Maybe this can be a new challenge!!!!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    How long is the insanity program? Do you do it everyday? Where can I buy it for a decent price?
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just do it!! If you can get through the soreness after the first week or 2, it gets better and you will not be sore anymore! Trust me!! You will be so happy when you are finished...I never stopped! I am now doing Asylum and will incorporate Insanity and Asylum when I am finished with my 30 days! I can't wait!!