Any CNA's??

Options
I have my state CNA (certified nursing assistant/aid) test this Saturday. I feel pretty prepared for it, just looking for some helpful tips :)

Little background-- I was in nursing school for my BSN at ECU in north carolina, didn't pass a class by .57 of a point therefore was told I couldn't continue. I finished my degree up at ECU in Rehabilitation Services...but I cannot find a job, and honestly nursing is my calling.

I am getting my CNA so I can work through nursing school, going to attend a community college this time. I also have an EMS background...the medical field is SO me!

Thanks for the help :)

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not a C.N.A., however I have taught them and currently teach RN students. If your state has a Prometric web site, this site shows you exactly what they expect for students to pass the test. When I taught nursing assistants, we would download everything from their site and made sure we covered it along with our program. I'm sure you will do fantastic. great job on staying focused and continuing your nursing career.:wink:
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I took my state exam last year and was incredibly nervous about it, and I ended up being more prepared than I thought I was. As long as you're confident and feel you're prepared, you'll do fine. However, as silly as it sounds, dont forget the basics... when I took my exam there were a lot of people that actually didnt pass because they messed up on the most basic things like proper handwashing procedure and things like that... Good luck on your exam! Im sure you'll do great =)
  • CelesteR903
    CelesteR903 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a CNA and currently working on my CMA (medication aide) and my prerequisites or RN. I hope you did great on your test!