Your Daily Routine

Options
I am curious of others daily routines. I am so busy during the week and I barely feel like I have time to sit down. I know there are many others who have busy days as myself or even worse. Example would be yesterday:

Gym: 6-7 am
Get ready for work: 7-7:45
Work: 8-4
Home: 5-5:45
Weekly Group (had a banquet last night): 6-8
Home: 8:30-10 (cleaning, prep for next day's evening class)
Rest: 10-10:30
Sleep: 10:45

My only day that I am not running around like a mad woman during the week is Monday....oh and we don't have kids yet either! What are your days like? How much sleep do you try and get? Most importantly how do you maintain your energy throughout the day? I am exhausted today!

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    wake up 5am
    drive the child to daycare
    workout 7-8ish
    work 8 to 5
    drive to get child 5-630
    home/cook dinner, bath for child 630-8
    downtime (hopefully) and cleaning 8-9
    bedtime 10ish
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hear you...and I work full time & have three kids. Some days I swear I meet myself coming & going. Every day is different in my life, so it all depends on the day.

5:00 am - up
    5:30 - bootcamp on M/W/F
    6:30 - home
    7:30 - out the door
    8 - 5 - work, on Tuesdays I try to get in a noon class at the Y
    5:30 - on Mondays I do zumba, on Wednesdays I do TRX at the Y
    6:30 - home & supper
    7:30 - get the kids ready for bed and get my stuff ready for the next day
    8:00 - kids in bed and I get to sit down
    9:00 or 10:00 - in bed
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    6.45am - Up
    8am-5pm - Work (Eat brekkie & lunch @ work)
    5-6pm - Home****
    6-8pm - Dinner & clearing up after
    8-9pm - Wii
    9pm - Shower
    9.30-11.30pm - Rest; Scrabble or Sudoku on iPad
    11.30pm - Bed

****Home time varies from day to day: Mon - MIL; Tues - Gym; Wed - Home then gym @ 7; Thurs - Grocery shopping; Fri - MIL

Every day is much the same....the joys of work!

All but the youngest kid is off our hands. Sometimes I have to play chauffeur & pick him up from GF's about 9.30

Sue :smile: x
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 4:30am
    Work out to 4:45 - 6:00
    Shower & dress -6:30
    leave home -7:15
    Work 8-4:30
    Home 5
    Dinner 5:45-6:00
    Chill
    Bed -9 -10ish

My kids are older less work - just checking homework - but really easy during the week - the weekends is when it gets a little crazy
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Typical weekdays:

Wake up:6h
    Taking the Bar school (law): 8h30 to 12h30
    Back at my house: 14h
    Have lunch and study: 14h to 18h
    Dog park with my lab: 18h to 19h
    Have dinner: 19h to 19h45
    Zumba: 20h10 to 21h10 or Study untill I go to bed if my studies don't let me go to Zumba class
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    5am - coffee
    5:30 gym
    7:00-back home
    7:45-off to work
    Noon-first meal
    5:00-back home
    5:30-6: second meal
    8:00: third meal
    10:00 bed
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This is my daily grind except for Tuesdays where I do a different workout schedule.

5:35 am - Up & getting kids roused
    6:00 am - Shower
    6:15 am - Kids dressed & breakfast for them
    6:30 am - Kids lunch packed - review of spelling & vocab words
    6:45 am - Makeup - Hair - Dressed
    7:10 am - Out the door
    8:00 am - Finally at work
    9:00 am - My breakfast
    12:15 pm - My lunch
    2:30 pm - My snack
    5:00 pm - Leave work
    6:00 pm - Back home
    6:10 pm - Cooking dinner / wrangling children
    7:00 pm - Dinner
    7:30 pm - Getting kids ready for bed
    8:00 pm - Kids in bed (finally) then on to clean up, picking out clothes for next day
    9:00 pm - Workout
    10:30 pm - Shower, jammies, phone call
    11:00 pm - Sleep...... maybe... hopefully... **fingers crossed**
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    How it's been:

6:30: Alarm goes off. I hit the snooze button, pet my dog and go back to sleep.
    6:39: Alarm goes off, I hit the snooze button, pet my dog and go back to sleep.
    6:48: Alarm goes off, I say "dammit...", turn the alarm off, pet my dog and get up.
    6:49-7:30: Put the dog out, shower, make breakfast, feed the dog, leave for work.

How I want it to be, starting tomorrow:

6:15: Alarm goes off, I pet my dog and get up.
    6:20: Put the dog out.
    6:30: Walk the dog.
    7:00-7:30: Shower, make breakfast, feed the dog, leave for work.

8-11:30: Work, screw around on MFP and Facebook, chat online with my friend Terri.
    11:30: Head to LA Fitness to spend some quality time with the elliptical machine.
    12:30: Return to work, hoping I don't smell too badly (no time for a shower, so I towel off and put on extra pit stick).
    12:45: Make and drink a smoothie.
    12:45-2:45: Work, MFP, Facebook, chat...yadda, yadda, yadda.
    2:45: Leave work.

[On a racquetball night (once or twice a week)]
    3:15: Get home. Throw tennis balls around the house for my dog.
    3:30: Walk the dog.
    4:00: Make and eat dinner. Usually some combination of chicken or fish, brown rice or pasta, and mixed veggies.
    6:00-7:30: Play racquetball at LA Fitness.

[On a non-racquetball night]
    2:55: Back to LA Fitness for some light cardio or weights.
    3:30: Head for home.
    4:00: Get home. Throw tennis balls around the house for my dog.
    4:15: Walk the dog.
    4:45: Make and eat dinner. Usually some combination of chicken or fish, brown rice or pasta, and mixed veggies.

?:??-10:00: Watch TV, read, study, pet my dog and throw more tennis balls around the house for him.
    10:00: Bedtime.
  • cayzweaver
    cayzweaver Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know how busy we get sometimes! I am an empty nester with a retired husband at home and still, I stay really swamped!

5:15 - Get up, slide on clothes, make smoothie, grab coffee and head out the door
    5:30 - 6:30 - Drive to gym
    6:30 - 7:30 workout
    7:30-8:00 - Shower for work
    8:00 - 5:00 - work (From 3:30 to 4:00 I take a break and walk!)
    5:00-6:15 Drive home
    6:30-8:30 - Evening activites include church, playing cards with friends, laundry, housework, you know the drill!)
    8:30-9:00 - Prepare for tomorrow
    9:00 - IN BED!!! Must have my sleep!

Some of the time savers I've incorporated include: Sleep in my sports bra, workout shorts, etc. That way all I have to do is brush my teeth and hair, slap on my shoes and jacket, grab my lunch and coffee and I'm out the door! I pack the car with my purse, clothes for work, my other bag full of work and reading, etc and anything else I'm going to need the next day before I go to bed at night. I splurged and rented a locker at the gym so I leave a bag with my tolietries there and don't have to worry about forgetting anything. My face is too hot to put on makeup until an hour after I get to work so I do it there later, otherwise it would be wasted effort! Getting my workout done in the morning is wonderful, but not always doable. I take a class at lunch occasionally or just go run at least once a week. (I'm training for my first 5K!) In the afternoon, usually from 3:30 to 4:00, I put my sneakers on and go walk the floors of the parking garage here at the office, getting in another 2 miles and 200 calories burned. Even though I go to bed early, I don't sleep well most of the time so I'm up and down, which is why I have to stay there a while.

I cannot work out at night. I'm old and just out of steam by the time I get there and have dinner with Harry, pet the dog, watch Biggest Loser and all the other things that make life worth living. Hope you find some of my tips helpful and keep it up! Good luck!
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    How it's been:

6:30: Alarm goes off. I hit the snooze button, pet my dog and go back to sleep.
    6:39: Alarm goes off, I hit the snooze button, pet my dog and go back to sleep.
    6:48: Alarm goes off, I say "dammit...", turn the alarm off, pet my dog and get up.
    6:49-7:30: Put the dog out, shower, make breakfast, feed the dog, leave for work.

How I want it to be, starting tomorrow:

6:15: Alarm goes off, I pet my dog and get up.
    6:20: Put the dog out.
    6:30: Walk the dog.
    7:00-7:30: Shower, make breakfast, feed the dog, leave for work.

8-11:30: Work, screw around on MFP and Facebook, chat online with my friend Terri.
    11:30: Head to LA Fitness to spend some quality time with the elliptical machine.
    12:30: Return to work, hoping I don't smell too badly (no time for a shower, so I towel off and put on extra pit stick).
    12:45: Make and drink a smoothie.
    12:45-2:45: Work, MFP, Facebook, chat...yadda, yadda, yadda.
    2:45: Leave work.

[On a racquetball night (once or twice a week)]
    3:15: Get home. Throw tennis balls around the house for my dog.
    3:30: Walk the dog.
    4:00: Make and eat dinner. Usually some combination of chicken or fish, brown rice or pasta, and mixed veggies.
    6:00-7:30: Play racquetball at LA Fitness.

[On a non-racquetball night]
    2:55: Back to LA Fitness for some light cardio or weights.
    3:30: Head for home.
    4:00: Get home. Throw tennis balls around the house for my dog.
    4:15: Walk the dog.
    4:45: Make and eat dinner. Usually some combination of chicken or fish, brown rice or pasta, and mixed veggies.

?:??-10:00: Watch TV, read, study, pet my dog and throw more tennis balls around the house for him.
    10:00: Bedtime.

HAHA thanks for the detail! I love the first part of hitting the snooze and petting the dog because I can so relate to that! It is amazing how much a 7 minute snooze means in the morning!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    7:00 Up
    8:15 Walk or take the bus to work
    9:30 Breakfast
    12:15 Lunch
    16:00 Afternoon snack
    17:30 Walk or take the bus home
    19:30 Dinner
    20:00 Put kiddo to bed, clean up, surf the internet
    21:00 Workout
    22:00 Make bracelets in front of Mad Men
    0:00 Bedtime
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hmm, mine isn't very exciting....

0600 (ish) Wake up. I don't use an alarm - it's just when I get up.
    0601 Log in to MFP, check email, facebook, calendar.
    0615 get out of bed, head upstairs to kitchen, make coffee, load dishwasher, clean up etc.
    0630-0700 morning stretches

Sometimes I'll do some circuit training/p90x type stuff
    Other times i'll head to the gym for a swim - if i do, the above is an hour earlier.

0800 shower/breakfast head to work - wife is often still in bed at this time
    1100 elevenses - coffee
    1230 lunch - sandwich at desk usually
    1500 threeses - like elevenses but at 3
    1800 head home, sometimes via grocery store to get provisions
    1830 check post, see if there are any bills to pay etc.
    1900 greet wife (she gets home later than me), make dinner
    2000-2200 tv/relaxing/food/more exercise
    2200 online stuff, work
    2300 abandon the kitchen in a dreadful state and go to bed.

weekends are thankfully different, but i usually get up early, head out in rosie (my car) for fun/shopping etc. housework.
    i used to fit in an hour or more of running most days, but not any more.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Usual week day (today not included because I slept in snd showered, ahhhh so good)

5:30 - wake up before demon-spawn
    6-7:15 work out, usually Turbo Jam, sometimes a run, once in a while a walk
    7-8 clean house for daycare, release demon spawn from their cells, make breakfast
    8-11:30 welcome 5-6 more little angels into my home (licensed childcare center)
    Play, walk, go to park, do crafts, change diapers, diffuse important child situations
    11:30-12 prepare food and feed all mouths
    12:30 -2 heaven. It's quiet time so kids lay down with quiet toys, then My staff person and I take turns going for a walk or on the treadmill, then make my own lunch and then do daily cleaning that needs done
    2-3 play and prepare snack
    3-5 play more and send kids home
    5-7:30 make dinner, sometimes walk ,eat dinner, bath kids, read stories, get ready to send them to bed
    7:39-9/10 clean up, watch TV shows, MFP, Facebook, banking, daycare paperwork,
    9-10 shower or bath (sometimes) and go to bed
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Usual week day (today not included because I slept in snd showered, ahhhh so good)

5:30 - wake up before demon-spawn
    6-7:15 work out, usually Turbo Jam, sometimes a run, once in a while a walk
    7-8 clean house for daycare, release demon spawn from their cells, make breakfast
    8-11:30 welcome 5-6 more little angels into my home (licensed childcare center)
    Play, walk, go to park, do crafts, change diapers, diffuse important child situations
    11:30-12 prepare food and feed all mouths
    12:30 -2 heaven. It's quiet time so kids lay down with quiet toys, then My staff person and I take turns going for a walk or on the treadmill, then make my own lunch and then do daily cleaning that needs done
    2-3 play and prepare snack
    3-5 play more and send kids home
    5-7:30 make dinner, sometimes walk ,eat dinner, bath kids, read stories, get ready to send them to bed
    7:39-9/10 clean up, watch TV shows, MFP, Facebook, banking, daycare paperwork,
    9-10 shower or bath (sometimes) and go to bed

LOL demon spawn...good one.
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    I have a long one and crazy one.

6:30a- up sometime I take a showers somethings I take it at night. It all depends on the amount of snoozed..
    6:45- get the kids ready
    7:00- prep my shake and lunch
    7:15-30a- driving to drop of kids at school and daycare
    8:15- daughters at school
    8:25- son's at daycare
    9:30- Arrive at work
    12p- workout/lunch
    5- leave work
    5:45- sit for about 20 mins (sometimes) depending on the traffice flow
    6:- make dinner
    7- eat
    7:45- watch tv (or read a book), help with home work, shower kids,
    8:45- place kids to bed and fight them until the kock out (everyday is a struggle to get them to sleep at night, then in the morning they don't want to wake up)
    10- bed time

writing it down makes it seem like i have a lot of extra time. but really i don't. I some time need others to help me get the kids ready in the morning. My husband schedule is really nice and smooth. from 4:30p-9p he does nothing but play PS3.. Easy for him huh...