My scale is going the wrong way...

Options
Okay, not something I want to see! Heres my stats:

Sunday Afternoon: 193#

Monday Afternoon: 193.6#

Tuesday Night: 196#

Really? I dont like to see an upwards climb on the scale.... Yesterday before my work out i might have eaten a little more calories in thaifood than planned, but I burned off 650 calories at the gym.... My iary is open to all who want to check out my diet. I dont eat my calories back, but i never feel starved. I usually eat something every 2 hours. Small meals throughout the day, and i track EVERYTHING. I keep it pretty heathy....

Any suggestions? Help????

Replies

• WannaBeSlimJim2
    WannaBeSlimJim2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wrong time love...you should do it first thing in the morning, aftering peeing, and before eating and drinking anything!
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Step off the scale and find a tape measure. Your body weight can fluctuate several pounds but if you're loosing inches you're still going in the right direction.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Maybe thats my probably... the days before sunday, I had been weighing in the mrning, but ive been dog sitting at another house. So I weight in the afternoon when ai go home to MY house.... Maybe I shouldnt freak out yet.... Its just frustrating!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Step off the scale and find a tape measure. Your body weight can fluctuate several pounds but if you're loosing inches you're still going in the right direction.

Ive never done measurments... Mayeb I should start, But my jeans definetly dont feel ANY looser. So unless im loosing inches from somewhere other than where all my weight is (stomach) then I doubt im losing inches. BLEH!

Thanks, I think I will pick up a tape measure...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You really should stop weighing yourself daily - I mean, why are you doing that anyways? Weight fluctuates daily...

Choose one day to weigh in - first thing in the morning when you wake up, hit the bathroom, get naked and get weighed on YOUR scale.......
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I second what the others have said - weigh yourself at the same time (morning) and also use measurements and not just the number on the scale. I'm not really sure of its impact, but your sugar count also seems to be much higher daily than the goal you have listed. Your diary also doesn't list your sodium intake, and based on the foods in your diary, they seem like they would be high sodium - which also affects your weight.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself weekly...I used to do it daily but it was too depressing to see the numbers go up and down.
    Go in the morning when you wake up, pee, and stand on the scale butt nakid.
    also your tummy will be one of the last places you will lose inches...trust me im trying hard to lose my gut. but your sides, arms, legs, thigh, neck, face area have probably shrunk a little and you just didnt notice.

keep at it =)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself daily will make you crazy, especially for women, who have more issues with water retention.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I suggest weighing only once a week and in the am before you eat anything - our bodys weight will change daily by a few pounds.
  • lgoss87
    lgoss87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, Although I think it might be due to a slow metabolism (I used to eat less than 1200 calories). Does anyone know if this could be the case? I weigh myself in the am, my diary is open to suggestion! I weighed myself on the Wednesday 177.6 and today I'm 177.8 :(
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has great points - you shouldn't weigh yourself every day it will drive you crazy.

I also want to say that you said you ate thai food... well that has a lot of sodium in it which will make you retain water.

Every time I eat lots of sodium (i.e mexican or asian food) I gain 5-7 pounds. ;) It all flushes out in a few days.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Amen to this ^^^^^
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Lots of good thoughts here. I agree with keki, also, that high sodium foods will cause you to retain more water and up your weight. I learned to stay away from Chinese, Thai, etc. for 2 days before a weigh-in. Definitely take measurements - you'll be so pleasantly surprised over time. I've been in a plateau weight-wise but lost another inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my thighs and hips. It is a nice way to check your numbers besides the scale. Plus, don't overly focus on the scale. Focus on being healthy, eating the right things, and lots of exercise.