Calorie daily goal question

Options
Hi, I am 21, 5'3 and 183 lbs so far I have only lost 10 lbs, and my daily calorie goal is 1200 first of all is that enough calories? and after you exercise your goal increases should I eat to that goal or stick with my 1200 like I have been doing?

Replies

• lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat back my excersise calories....
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I'm 23, 5'3", 178lbs and my daily calorie goal is 1570. Set to lose 1lb a week, and since I started Oct 7th, 2011 I've lost 7lbs on this site and 42lbs over all. I think you should up your cals.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Some say they eat them all back, some say they don't eat any. I have found if I eat some of them back, I am OK. However, if I eat all of them back, I do not lose weight.
    It is different for everyone. do what works for you, but don't be unhealthy about it.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always eat back my exercise calories.
  • katielouise24
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5"4 - currently 158p, was 163p when started on here. I have set my profile to lose 2 pounds a week so that equates to 1200 a day.. but if I exercise I always always eat back what I've exercised to ensure my body is getting what it needs to recover quickly :) hope that helps x
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 21, 5'3 and 183 lbs so far I have only lost 10 lbs, and my daily calorie goal is 1200 first of all is that enough calories? and after you exercise your goal increases should I eat to that goal or stick with my 1200 like I have been doing?

Your base caloric intake should be no less than 1550 daily with a ratio of 40/30/30 for moderate fat loss. 50/30/20 for max fat loss (P/C/F).

If you train 3-5 days a week, I would add an additional 300 cals a day to support your lean mass and execute cardio training first thing in the morning or right before dinner when your glycogen stores are lowest in the muscle tissue. That way you are getting a better chance to get into the fat cell for fat loss. This is assuming that you will be training in an aerobic training zone of not more than 75% of your THR.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    Free Online Coach
    From 170 lbs. to Fit
    If I Can Do It, So Can You!