Low Calories Equal Slow Day?

Options
On Monday I had a Pampered Chef Party that my wife and I were doing in the evening so I tried to plan ahead and conserve my calories. In addition I didn't get up and do any cardio which left with even less calories. So I had a really small breakfast, followed by my normal greek yogurt. I'm have gotten used to a large breakfast so I was really hungry all morning and dragging pretty bad. A coworker made us all some soup for lunch and I ate probably more than I should and followed it with a honey bun which he also brought. I hoped that eating more would help me not be as hungry in the afternoon. It didn't! I was getting worse during the afternoon. By the time I left work I felt horrible. I just wanted to go home and sleep on top of being hungry! On the way to set up for the party I finally broke down, stopped at McD's and got a Frappe to get some caffeine and at least a sugar rush. As it ended up, I did not feel like my normal self until we got there and I forgot about the calories and started eating.

Has this ever happened to you? Was it simply a lack of energy from not eating well like I have gotten used to? Was it just a result of lack of sleep from going to bed late Sunday? Any ideas? It was really weird, that is for sure!

Replies

• fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Eating first thing in the morning does make a difference. I am not in the habit of eating breakfast every day, though I am working on it! I find that if I eat even a granola bar in the morning that it makes a huge difference in my energy throughout the day.
  • kabbani87
    Options
    yes, sometimes when you eat too little you'd binge at night or the very next day. i have a really weak spot for food and controlling myself is really difficult.. just dont skip breakfast at all costs and eat something really light at lunch and prefferably nothing at dinner. this way your craving will be less
  • Meg28
    Meg28 Posts: 59
    Options
    Definitely happens...It probably wasn't low calories, but the type of food like you said...Your body likes the healthy stuff now and you're stuck :)
  • SunsetWinds
    Options
    I find that if I eat small portions of low cal food for breakfast and for lunch my appetite stays at bay. It's when I have a huge breakfast that I'm hungry all day. The more I eat the more I want to eat. But if I were to skip a meal I would be exhausted, get a headache, and want to eat a couple of big mac meals. If I know I'm having a huge dinner, then I eat as I usually would during the day, get some exercise in, and if I go over my calories - so what. Cheat days boost your metabolism because your body grows used to burning the same amount of calories every day, so if you cheat, your metabolism goes into over drive for a few days.