Exercise bikes

Options
Exercise bikes
I now feel I want to start doing some exercise, I'm not ready to go to a gym. Or to get my pushbike out not ready to get out on the road. So I'm considering getting an exercise bike I can use at home. Will it be beneficial with my weight loss, or is it just a waste of money.

Your views will be gratefully received and personal experience.

Thanks

Eric

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    depends on how determined you are to get your monies worth... will you use it?

i got one, it saty there collecting dust. i found it boring because i was staring at the same 4 walls whilst riding on it thinking time was flying by but sadly it didnt and i got bored and now its in the garage.

i also got a treadmill, cross trainer, bench press and rocker but all in all..... theres nothing like going out in the park to exercise! thats my personal opinion. make sure you stick to it, but if your like me and get bored quickly then i wouldnt recommend it.
  • ksself
    Options
    Personally, I love my recumbent bike. I love to read and it gives me an excuse to read or watch television. Can't do that outside on a regular bike.:happy:
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You could always step up to a spin bike. There are a ton of great workout videos to watch that use spinning and you will get a good workout without getting bored. I prefer to ride outside, but can follow a video inside. Sitting on a bike mindlessly peddling while watching TV doesn't keep me interested long enough.