Boudoir photo shoot - experiences? thoughts?

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
Ok, question. I just saw a livingsocial.com deal for a boudoir photo shoot $399 package available for $99! I'm thinking maybe it'd be something fun to do for reaching my final goal. It comes with a phone consult and a 2 hour session including makeup and styling. Anyone ever done something like this? Good idea? Fun? Thoughts? I've NEVER done something like this before but I thought it might be great for my new found sense of confidence and actually feeling hot! lol

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    haven't done it yet but will for my 33rd b-day!!

my sis is an amateur photographer getting her business started. i cannot wait!

alot of women here on mfp say they will get one once at goal weight. DO IT!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I got the same coupon and wanted to look into it.
    But I need to be sure it would be a female photographer. lol
    There has already been a long discussion about that.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That's my plan when I reach my goal weight. I think the main thing is being comfortable with the photographer you're working with. If they have a website, check out their portfolio.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It's on my bucket list. For myself!
  • mehinalani
    Options
    I think that is a great idea, just for a confidance bost. And sounds like great fun to be all made up and styled.... I would go for it.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea. I'm interested in doing one at some point. The ones I've seen are all fantastic.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun!
  • LetsDoThisTrish
    Options
    I did it right after I had my second child and I LOVED it!! So freeing and sooooo beautiful. I'll upload my photos to my profile so you can see em!
  • dbo114
    Options
    i've done it a few times. there is a photographer (allthatjazzphotography.com) that was starting up and i modeled for her. it was fun. and its always nice to have hot pix of yourself esp when you are in your prime. good luck and have fun with it! ( i posted a couple of my pix )
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I'm going to do that too! I can't by the deal yet...it's gonna take me a long time. But I'm so excited! It will be tons of fun.
  • Sexymomma76
    Sexymomma76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it too when I get to my goal weight. It would be fun!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it before, but it's my plan for once I get to my goal! :)
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm getting them done for my hubby for valentines day next year or maybe christmas if I can get the money in time. I found a lady around here but think I am going to get a friend to do it so i feel more comfortable.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I haven't but want to soo bad. I wish I would have done it in June when I was looking hot and before I packed back on the lbs. I want to do it but scared about either not knowing the photographer or knowing them and being embaressed.
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i have done this sort of photo shoot and its great, they make u look so good and it really makes u feal good i would do it again
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago - at my current size. Mine was scheduled about 3 months out to give myself time to lose weight. Of course I didn't lose the weight but I've always been very confident so I went ahead anyway. The pictures are so incredible! I have three hanging above the toilet in my bathroom. My boyfriend loves them.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm a photographer in Jacksonville, FL.....and I can tell you, that's an INSANE deal! I'd jump on it! :noway:

Boudoir shoots are SO much fun....:happy: for the photographer AND the client!! Have fun you guys.....

and if any of you are near Jax and need other photography done, let me know! :wink:
  • demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've had a pinup shoot before, and loved it. I totally reccomend doing it. Talk to your photographer first. See what they offer in the package, and see how you feel about them. Will they use the photoshop fairy? How long is the shoot? How many pics will you get from the shoot? What does some of their previous work look like?

I would also suggest talking to some photographers in your area to compare prices and quality of work.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I did it right after I had my second child and I LOVED it!! So freeing and sooooo beautiful. I'll upload my photos to my profile so you can see em!

I can see two so far and they are absolutely gorgeous!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I've never done this. When I reach my goal I'd love to. My hubby would be thrilled to have those pics of me.

I think I'd have to go shopping for suitable things to wear. Could be fun!