Don't think there is gonna be a loss this week..ugh

Options
Well I am not sure what the heck happened this week but I am pretty sure my scale is NOT GONNA show a loss- crap! I want to be down to 210 by Thanksgiving- I know that is a couple weeks away and it IS STILL doable but was really hoping to be a wee bit closer this week. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF STRESS in the last couple of days- did I mention I have had stress in the last couple of days?? I got all my calories in and still went walking with my dog but didn't eat back my workout calories- and a day or two had trouble even getting in ALL my calories- stressed for me makes my stomach get in knots and then I don't wanna eat but can that also cause an issue with NOT LOOSING? I did notice my sodium count was kinda high and over the limit I have set for myself but tried to make sure I drank plenty of water but I guess it may NOT HAVE been enough.... so I still have until Friday morning to see if there will be a loss... keep fingers crossed for me that I at least weigh at the same as last Friday!! :wink:

Replies

• lmfender
    Options
    I've read before (and I'm not sure, someone might have to correct me on this) that high sodium counts will make you retain water. This might be part of your problem--that when you weigh in, you're carrying extra water with you.

Again, not sure if that is completely accurate.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my fingers are crossed and remember staying positive is a huge part of this whole process as well. you can do it and it does take time. u didnt gain it overnite and u wont lose it overnite :) we r here 4 u and EVERYDAY is a NEW DAY!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    1. High sodium will make you retain water.

2. This is a journey, not a race. You will have weeks where you don't lose anything and you'll have weeks where you lose a lot. The point is to stick to it. Learn healthy habits for a long life of Thanksgivings.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    1. High sodium will make you retain water.

2. This is a journey, not a race. You will have weeks where you don't lose anything and you'll have weeks where you lose a lot. The point is to stick to it. Learn healthy habits for a long life of Thanksgivings.

I love that...it's a journey, not a race. I need to remember that. Good advice.
    There will be weeks where you gain, lose and stay the same. Our body is soooo not predictable. Hang in there!
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    Rootin' for you lady. You'll make it. I'm not even going to weigh myself. The scale is a lie and a cheat...I'll listen to my jeans instead. Are they screaming because of the torture they have to endure to get buttoned up? Are they cheering because they can finally breathe and enjoy just going along for the ride. Keep on going forward, you're going to make it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    what's the rush?
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    what's the rush?

No rush just a "mini-goal" I had set for myself that's all- Slow and steady- thanks everyone!!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy to report that I DID HAVE A LOSS this week... all-be-it only 0.6 lbs but none the less a LOSS!!! woot woot!