Newbie!

Options
Hello
My name is Sandy. I am here to loss 100+ lbs. I have tried many different ways to lose weight and failed. I have a Y membership but am to embarrassed to take advantage of it. I have been stalking around MFP ( lol ):blushing: for the last week trying to get the courage to join. Well I finally did! I was terrified of opening myself up to others and facing how bad I have let myself go. I am Ready to take back My Life!! I want to be the bubbly, fun, full of life person I use to be. I no longer want to be the embarrassed, shy, closed off to everyone person I have become. I hope that being on MFP will be the answer I have been looking for. I am tired of my weight defining who I am. :flowerforyou:
Sandy

Replies

• Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!
  • demningoreilly
    Options
    Welcome Sandy,
    You're at the right place. Good for you for getting started. There is no time like the present to begin. Good luck, we all started here.
  • Mexrose
    Options
    Hello Sandy,

I myself have been part of two other diet programs and frankly I don't have time to go to the meetings but still want the encouragement. I have been on this program for about six weeks and I have seen results. I log EVERYTHING in even when I have had an extra piece of cake or too much wonderful cheese. I wanted to be accountable for my actions. It really has helped me look at food differently and make some decent food decisions. The people on here really are supportive. I wish you the best of luck. Be patient and honest wtih yourself and sooner you will see results. I wanted to lose 40 pounds but I have divided my goals. I am now eight pounds away from my first goal.

If you would like a friend, you are welcome to add me.
  • SWIRLs01
    SWIRLs01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy,

First off "Welcome" :) I'm in the same boat as you wanting to loose weight. I've been going up and down with my weight. I loose some, then I slack off and gain it all back. I'm sick of doing this roller coaster ride!!
    Emily
  • joice68
    Options
    Hi Sandy I'm new too and I can relate to how you feel. I'm tired of being unmotivated, living in negativity and hopelessness. When I started my committment to get rid of this excess, I noticed a personality change actually. Good luck to you. We cando this...that is my new mantra...Congrats for taking the first step.:::flowerforyou:
  • Vino81
    Vino81 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome!! :drinker:
  • Rookie1988
    Options
    Welcome Sandy! You made the first step in joining and accessing the amazing support that this site has to offer. You can do this. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sandy! I am new here too and need to lose 100+ we can do this!!!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the best place for support and friendship! :flowerforyou:
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am positive you will find the support you need here! Good luck on your journey to a heathier lifestyle!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! And congrats on getting up the courage to join. You won't be sorry! There are so many supportive and helpful people here. You can do this. We're all here to help you. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Ocean_mom
    Ocean_mom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank You Everyone! Its so wonderful to get so much encouragement. Just finished doing my Wii active sport workout felt like i was going to die, but i did it. Still figuring out the ins and outs of the website but look forward to having many friend. Feels great to take that first step.Great Job to all my fellow MFP ers out there.
    Thanks
    Sandy