Boudoir photo shoot - experiences? thoughts?

Options

Replies

• LetsDoThisTrish
    Options
    I did it right after I had my second child and I LOVED it!! So freeing and sooooo beautiful. I'll upload my photos to my profile so you can see em!

I can see two so far and they are absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you!! That's the body I'm trying to get back too, I'm only about 20lbs from there--but damn, it's hard after the third kiddo!! :D
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My husband and I used to have a photography business and we did couple of these sessions. They are a lot of fun as long as the subject is relaxed and willing to cooperate. If you are not totally into it, you will not feel comfortable. I would recommend meeting with your photographer first, see what kind of personality, try to know him or her first. Then think to bring items that add texture to the setting - jewelry, scarves, hats, shoes ... interesting items.
    Good luck and totally recommend it - in the end they are a lot of fun!
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've never had one done, but I have photographed them. That's an AWESOME deal and I'd go for it!!
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've done it, and it was great. It is definitely a confidence booster to go back and look at those photos, not to mention my husband was very happy about them too, it was his wedding gift! I had mine done by my friend, there are some samples on jagfilm.com She did an excellent job!! Go for it!!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    i did it for a mates website as she is a new photographer and i loved it made me feel special and sexy :) i recommend it if you can do it xx
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've never done it but I tagged along with my sister-in-law. I say for that price you HAVE to do it.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I did it right after I had my second child and I LOVED it!! So freeing and sooooo beautiful. I'll upload my photos to my profile so you can see em!

You look so gorgeous!!! Your pics are definitely inspiring me to do this!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ok, I'm totally doing it!!! I have until May 2012 to use the voucher so I don't have to feel rushed either. Eek, I'm so excited and proud of myself! Lol
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

I just looked at your photos. Awesome pics!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ok, deal is officially purchased. There's no turning back now! Woot! Lol

Now I need to start figuring out what style I want and finding something awesome to wear!! Yay!
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    i havent heard of that before..but i've been on a photo shoot. its sooooooo much fun!!!! i had no self-esteem at all, but once i got shot, i felt better and better.i actually felt beautiful for once in my life.ull enjoy it, trust me.but id still be careful!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

You look Gorgeous! I want to do it now... :)
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lots of fun, but it took a long time to find the right photographer. Make sure your comfortable with whoever is shooting you or its a waste of money because in the pictures you will tense and almost unnaturally stiff.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    As a photographer, things like that are so fun to do!! It is very liberating for both the client and the photographer, because it is such a work of art. I love them!!! As soon as I get to where I want to be, I am going to have my partner do some for me!!! I am on facebook (Plumeria Photography) if you would like to check out some of my work!! :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun, assuming the photographer is reputable. I might want it to be a woman though-- not sure.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I saw the coupon and thought about it, but I don't really see the point. I'm not a big fan of photos in general and I'm not even sure what I would do with them if I did get them.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Its something I've always wanted to do but never have. You should definitely do it.
  • Firefighter_Ray
    Firefighter_Ray Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Recently while in a persons home during a fire I couldn't help but notice the Boudoir photos on a dresser in ladies bedroom. After we had the fire out the home owner came in and headed immediately to her room to hide the photos. We all pretended not to notice, but I have to say that wasn't even close to the most embarrassing thing we've come across. I'll give you a hint bbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :-)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I would love to do that. Maybe I'll look into it when I'm closer to goal :smile:
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I've been thinking about looking into this & I just might sometime in the future :)
    & as for you... you & your pictures are SUPER gorgeous!