Best 1,500+ watt blender to buy? Vita Mix or Blendtex or ?

Options
I currently have a Hamilton Beach blender and want to upgrade. I use my blender 6 days a week and my current one is on it's last leg. I'm looking at getting a 1,500 watt model. They cost a lot more, but I want one that will last. I don't have access to the full Consumer Reports findings, so wondering what others think.

Anyone own a Vita Mix or a Blendtex blender? Would you recommend it?

Replies

• shrinkingtam
    shrinkingtam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my Blendtech, it is way user friendly and seems to go forever :)
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have a Blentec, it was $400 but it is well worth it. Seriously, it rocks.
  • MelanieLysack
    Options
    I love my vitamix. You can even make soup and ice-cream in just minutes no freezing or heating required. Best blender ever!
    A+++++++
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I don't personally have VitaMix. I want one when I grow up, though. My cousin has one, and it's absolutely amazing. She very often uses hers for making various nut-based vegan dishes/sauces. She has had the thing for years, and she got it used to boot!

I have a mid grade blender by Kitchen Aid: http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/countertop-appliances-1/blenders-3/-[KSB580NK]-400113/KSB580NK/ and it works very well. I will use it for a few more years, probably, before I get my VitaMix. :-/ I use it for smoothies with ice in them all the time, and it's wonderful.
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just went through this decision making process a few weeks ago... I ended up getting the blendtec because it seemed overall better than the vitamix. Couldn't be happier. I have fun throwing things (chunks of apples, oranges, carrots, ton of ice, etc) and saying "WILL IT BLEND?!" hehe.

In all seriousness, blendtec is amazing.
  • UUZennie
    UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I shelled out for the Vitamix deluxe package and thought it was about $700 it was worth it. It is hands down the most used appliance in my kitchen.

We make cold smoothies and hot soup almost every day. The smaller containers are nice for single servings and the clean-up is amazing.

I like that Vitamix works very hard to use safe plastics for their jars. The current models are certified BPA free.

That being said I can't speak to the Blendtec, as a user. I've looked at one and the overall design seems less rugged and the power isn't equivalent. My grandmother had her Vitamix for 20 years and it still worked well!

The Vitamix has no equal when it comes to power. It has 2 HP, after all.
  • klamont9
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys! I cannot wait to order one of them this week.

I'm glad I didn't hear a bad review from any of you!