ideal weight

I am 5 ft 9 inches and I workout daily. I have read alot of different ideal weights and wanted to see what others thought. I read that 145 should be my ideal weight, but if I told my family I was going to lose 10 more pounds, they might scream lol. I am not skinny but I am not heavy either, I am average and muscular. Thoughts.........

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Where ever you feel best.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    I agree - whatever feels best on you...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i have found this to be helpful for some people. it is a rough estimate, and not meant to be used as an all encompassing chart. i am personally aiming for 200 lbs, which is 2lbs lighter then the HIGH number for my height (6'3")

height-weight-chart.gif
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Whatever makes you happy... My family thinks im great where I am, and so do my friends but Im not happy with me.. So if you can live happily with you then great, if not 10lbs is great.. Good luck
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 241 Member
    i am also 5'9" and cant remember the day i weighed 145 pounds LOL my ideal weight for myself would be between 170-180 and muscular if i weighed less and felt good about it then so be it but its what you think is best for you!!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Alot of this is going to depend upon your bone structure/frame size. Do some googling regarding this and get a better weight range for you frame.

I have a small frame size and find that i look better 120-125. This would seem rather light, but I have long thin bones and muscles and it is easy for me to maintain. I also feel alot healthier than when i weighed 145. All my blood work proves that.

But to others with medium or larger frames this would be weight too light. So do a little research and then figure out what might be a truly comfortable weight range for you.

I wouldn't listen much to what family says....they are trained to lock us into what they think we should be and are ususally al little jealous. You just be smart and happy!

Best :)
  • Kvicars228
    Kvicars228 Posts: 1 Member
    I've heard it depends a lot on the size of your frame. For example my weight range for my height is anywhere between 115 and 145. However based on my medium sized frame I am choosing my goal to be in the middle at 130. I think if I got all the way down to 115 by friends and family would be worried :). Hope this helps!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 241 Member
    i have found this to be helpful for some people. it is a rough estimate, and not meant to be used as an all encompassing chart. i am personally aiming for 200 lbs, which is 2lbs lighter then the HIGH number for my height (6'3")

height-weight-chart.gif

thank you for this, i like it :)
  • I'm 5'9 my ideal is 150.... I had a full body scan that said I'm 140 lbs Lean mass and for me to lose 50lbs. Which would put me at 180. Go with whatever you feel that your body will be healthy.
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    I am 5'8" and now weigh 133, down from 154. I've been told not to lose any more weight, but I feel I can lose another 5 lbs and look better. That said, I have been working with a trainer and definitely have more muscle than before and do not think I look too thin by any stretch of the imagination. Will post pics as soon as I have time...
  • I agree with your ideal weight being what you feel is best for you.

I'm five foot two and I feel my ideal weight is 150 pounds. Back when I was 18 I weighed 92 pounds. Even when I began to gain weight and weight 130, closer to the "ideal" I looked like I weighed 80 something pounds. I feel I look smaller than my weight says and I decided 150 would be the best number for me.
  • I'm 5'8" and I weigh 145 which is good for right now, I'd like to start building more muscle and have definition which means I'll need to drop more fat.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    To the general public, if you're not overtly obese, people will tell you that you don't need to lose weight. Do what makes you happy when you look in the mirror.