Double chin(s)

Options
Have any of you ever had a really bad picture taken of yourself? I thought I had outgrown all of the nonsense about vanity and what not when it comes to my fuller face, but it has sense hit me like a ton of bricks. We had family pictures taken two weekends ago, and I'm feeling uglier and larger than ever since seeing some of the proofs. I know this is a motivation and support board and I should be motivating others, but I guess what I'm saying is that I need all the encouragement I can get right now. I am one of those people who feels fine when they look in the mirror. I feel as if I'm attractive and have a lot to offer. I'm married to a great man who constantly calls me beautiful, but when I see pictures-- well, it just doesn't translate! Anyhow, we hired a friend to take some family pictures, and, while the picture themselves are wonderful, it just sickens me to see myself this way. I am only a few lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still need to lose another 30-40 on top of that to be where I was when I was at my healthiest. My face is so round! :( Anyhow, just thinking/dreaming/and wanting to lose.

Replies

• ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I hear you on this!! Pictures (and mirrors) are always the toughest truth. But I'll bet another 10 lbs. will take away a lot of that double chin you're worried about. And you can get to 10 lbs. in no time I imagine!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I can't stand having pictures taken of me. I try because I want to share progress and stuff, but then I see the picture and I am just disgusted by them. :sad:
  • CondensedKelley
    Options
    Double chin, and fat upper arms, and...

I could go on and on too. I'm the same way. Usually look attractive in the mirror, husband and kids always complimenting me, take a picture and i'm like: WHO THE *BLEEP* IS THAT?!?

Lol...i know that's not much of a motivator - but at least you know your not alone!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I hate to see pictures of myself! Why is it my face doesn't look that fat when I look in the mirror vs. see myself in pictures? I can't wait to lose weight and see my cheekbones again.

Use the pictures as motivation. Remind yourself that this is your "before" or "during". You're still a work in progress, and your "after" is going to blow those pictures out of the water!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I hate to see pictures of myself! Why is it my face doesn't look that fat when I look in the mirror vs. see myself in pictures? I can't wait to lose weight and see my cheekbones again.

Use the pictures as motivation. Remind yourself that this is your "before" or "during". You're still a work in progress, and your "after" is going to blow those pictures out of the water!

Yes... this is what I tell myself. I have an MFP friend that went from obese to beautifully thin and I keep telling myself that I am going to look like her.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. feel great... then I look in a mirror or see a photo. However recently I've looked back on photos. It's amazing the then & now transformation. I've lost 21Ibs using mfp but I'd lost a stone before joining. I now see these 'old' photos as motivation never to go back to that look! I've still got a long way to go 100Ibs+ but the difference even over a few pounds is amazing. See it as motivation. I'm losing my chins and even beginning to get a waist. I am beginning to like looking at photos of myself as I can see the difference. keep going, you'll get there.:happy:
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Do the ostrich. ;)
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Double chin, and fat upper arms, and...

I could go on and on too. I'm the same way. Usually look attractive in the mirror, husband and kids always complimenting me, take a picture and i'm like: WHO THE *BLEEP* IS THAT?!?

Lol...i know that's not much of a motivator - but at least you know your not alone!

I'm the same exact way. I think I look so good then I look at pictures, especially the ones I'm not ready for. UGH! It makes me sick.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    First of all, these forums aren't just for you to provide support and encouragement to everyone else. They're here for you to GET support and encouragement from others too!!! That's what we're here for and we ALL need a little love sometimes.

Now in regards to your pictures, I totally get you. I've lost all of my baby weight and I still feel HUGE and look awful in pictures. It's really bad. But we have to get over it together and focus on the bigger picture. We just had babies - mine is 4 months old now. It took us 40 weeks to grow that baby and it's going to take that long to get back.

If you have additional weight to lose, use your picture as a motivation to get that extra weight off. And vent to us if you need it - that's what we're here for!