Newbie here also!

Options
Hello,
my name is Carol and I am new here also. This is my first time joining anything online like this. I can't afford to do Weight Watchers or anything and My Fitness Pal seems to have lot's of information and support, plus helping me stay on track daily is a plus.

I am 47, I have been married 28 years and we have had none children in that time (seven sons and two daughters). I have kept an extra 10 pounds with every baby, I think, over the years it really adds up. I need to loose about 90-100 pounds (I am 235).

My goal is to learn to find my balance and not only identify what my worst enemies are in my appetite, but to maintain my goal without giving up this time. Controlling my balance of water retention and weight loss is an issue for me, for sure. I joined the group today in hopes that I can keep on track better and maintain my balance, so that I can loose the weight I need to loose more successfully.

I need all the help I can get, I haven't really made a plan but I joined My Fitness Pal today and am getting started. I will continue to browse the site, and hope to get to know some of you for diet-support.

Thanks!
Carol

Replies

• snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome carol :) the food database is massive here. so instead of worrying about what all you can't have, look for things you can have- you'll be surprsied :) best of luck to you -
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to do just what you want. Welcome and good luck. Stay positive it is a journey.
  • Clare_F
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. I've only been doing this a couple of weeks but find it really useful being able to log everything I am also learning a lot about nutrition and thinking about what I eat. Hope you get just as much benefit out of it. The support on here is good. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to :)
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carol! You have made the first step in a long and winding journey. MFP is a great resource that I am just now beginning to embrace. Please feel free to "friend" me. Support, understanding and accountability are shared by all.

Good luck!