Till Death Do Us Party!

Options
This is my first time posting in the community section, and I figured I'd contribute my story.

My name is Sean and I've been overweight my entire life. I wasn't even a small baby. I was born weighing 10lbs 14ozs and have not stopped gaining size since. I have always been outgoing, and during my awkward overweight teen years I turned to music to fit in and began playing drums in bands. Now I'm 25 years old and my rockstar lifestyle has caught up with me. I began my journey at 315 lbs., a pack a day cigarette smoker, daily binge drinker, not caring about my diet or my health. I would get out of breath at shows after just playing the first song. With the success of my band growing, our management company finally decided to step in and discuss my weight. I was told it would be hard to market a band with such a large member. Unfortunately, thats the nature of the beast in this business. So I decided to change.

Over the course of these past months I have went from 315 lbs to 258 lbs today. I quit smoking and drinking cold turkey. I go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week when I'm at home, just because I crave physical activity outside outside of drums. When I'm on the road, I always pack my laptop and my 30 day shred, as well as try to run around each new city to watch my weight. I pack a lot of fruits and veggies and eat a lot of Subway. Myfitnesspal helps me every step of the way.

I wanted to post to let you know that even myself, someone who hated all things healthy, someone who works in a business where "excess" party lifestyles are condoned, and at times encouraged, can change. Anyone can change. Its all just a matter of when and where in your life you decide. I no longer get winded after the first song.. I'm no longer winded after the last song. Its a great feeling to take back control of your life. I wish everyone here the best of luck with their journey. I still have a way to go to reach my goal weight, but I know with your support, and logging my activity in MFP, that I will reach that goal of 180 lbs.

Ok... now let's party!

Replies

• sunshinelover22
    Options
    Great inspirational story! Thank you for sharing!! You are an incredible strength...would love to be your friend too :)
  • cmthgrimes
    cmthgrimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and good luck on you journey. You are well on your way to making your goal and it seems like you are truly enjoying your life now. Congratulations on your success!
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR SHARING! YOU'RE TRULY AN INSPIRATION AND SOMEONE WHO I WANT TO SURROUND MYSELF WITH ON THIS JOURNEY... ADDING YOU NOW! :smile:
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story! It is very inspiring to everyone of all ages. Again thanks for sharing and best wishes on your continuing journey!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    That' s a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Congrats on the beginning of a new, healthier you! :wink:
  • mickey03babz
    mickey03babz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is very inspirational and keep up the good work. With that kind of dedication you and the band will be able to go a long way. :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the kind words and for the adds! It's nice to know that we are all in this together! I'll try to post more often, chronicling my transformation from looking a little less Meatloaf and a little more Motley Crue. I encourage everyone to keep up the great work, stay focused, and embrace your new life!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Great intro, man! You've made some awesome progress!

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Rock on!