I eat 2 peices of fruit and I am over on my sugar!!!

Options
What is everyones sugar set at? Do any of you have this issue?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What is everyones sugar set at? Do any of you have this issue?

I do not track sugar, nor do I think it is necessary for people without insulin related issues or people who are toothbrush deficient.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't track mine either as I love tomatoes and they usually set me over.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always over
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my dietician told me not to worry about sugar in fruits, just to watch ADDED sugars and keep it less that 35 grams.
    but i generally agree that if you dont have insulin related issues you dont need to worry too much about sugar anyway.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    IDGAF about sugar from fruits.

Processed sugars are another, and I cut them out completely.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I dont track it cuz i eat fruits and it always puts me over. I jus try to stay away from the other sugar but chocolate stalks me
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    fruit contains natural sugar I would not worry about it. I do not track my sugar. That being said I do not eat candy and sweets either
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I track my sugar and have it set for 18 grams. If you are trying to lose weight, watching your sugar grams is important. Try limiting yourself to one fruit per day while you are trying to lose, and make it one of the lower carb fruits, like berries. And, try to eat it before 12 noon. I rarely eat fruit, as I find the extra sugar, whether added or not, doesn't agree with me.

Dr Mercola has an excellent article on his website regarding sugars and belly fat.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never pay attention to that... it is probably helpful for people who are doing low-carb or sugarbusters style diets, but for anyone eating regular, balanced diets it is probably way too low of a number.
  • arubabound
    Options
    LOL! Toothbrush deficient - love that!! As long as you're eating sugar that occurs naturally in food I wouldn't worry - but if you're eating a 5 lb bag of sugar with your strawberries you may just have a problem.....
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    This is so funny, I JUST asked this question to my friends yesterday since I had that problem, too! Their wonderful advice was to pay more attention to carbs rather than sugars. Our bodies know what to do with natural sugars and the nutrients in fruit are so beneficial, so go enjoy your fruit :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Sugar in fruit is different than refined sugars added to food.
    Don't worry about it :)
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat loads of fruit and I am always hugely over but I don't think it's a big deal cause it's natural sugar.
  • Clare_F
    Options
    I am always over on my suggested sugar too and it all comes from fruits, I make a smoothie for breakfast each morning with fat free yoghurt so its low calorie and fat free but it puts me over for my sugar as soon as I start my day. However as all the sugar I am getting comes from fuits, and I am loosing the lb's I am not worrying about it - think the goodness from all the fruit outweighs any negatives from natural sugars.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I track my sugar and have it set for 18 grams. If you are trying to lose weight, watching your sugar grams is important. Try limiting yourself to one fruit per day while you are trying to lose, and make it one of the lower carb fruits, like berries. And, try to eat it before 12 noon. I rarely eat fruit, as I find the extra sugar, whether added or not, doesn't agree with me.

Dr Mercola has an excellent article on his website regarding sugars and belly fat.

The minority :D
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm the same but in my opinion sugar from fruit is fine. But my sister-in-law who is being trained by some big shot fancy trainer guy had to totally cut out fruit and slowly work it back in to her diet. She's trying to lose like 10% body fat and he has her eating a very strict diet (I hate that word)......but for just regular people trying to be healthy I would say sugar from fruit should be good. That is what I'm telling myself anyway.
  • jessicob
    Options
    i will have to check it out thanks for the 411 on the article
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar either. My added sugar intake is very low. I'm generally over on natural sugars though. I eat a lot of fruit.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of skim milk, and the lactose is a complex sugar, so my sugar is always "over."

But lactose and sucrose (table sugar) and all starches are eventually converted to fructose (natural fruit sugar) during digestion. Eating more sugar and less starch ends up the same as long as you aren't prone to diabetes. It's about moderation, and about whether that sweet or starchy food has any other reason for its existence. A soda is pure sugar water, whereas a tomato has sugar but also lycopene, vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, fiber, etc. Make sure you're getting all the important nutrients you need while staying within your calorie limit, and your sugars will end up limiting themselves.
  • TMasticTB
    TMasticTB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my dietician told me not to worry about sugar in fruits, just to watch ADDED sugars and keep it less that 35 grams.
    but i generally agree that if you dont have insulin related issues you dont need to worry too much about sugar anyway.

rockerbabyy has it right on the nose. Added sugars (not those found naturally in foods like fruits and such) are not good.