New girl in the room!

Options
Hi everyone! In the past I would have just signed up and not said anything to anyone. That way, when I quit the diet, I wouldn't have to feel embarrased because I I was the only one who knew. Now I realize that I need the guilt and the fear of bad health to keep me motivated. I am 30ish, married, and have a 2 1/2 year old son. I am going to school to become a R.N. I have a huge toal loss goal of 85 lbs. My current, more manageable goal, is 10 lbs. I just wanted to say hello and I can't weight (get it...weight, wait....:laugh: haha) to join in!

Misty

Replies

• NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! In the past I would have just signed up and not said anything to anyone. That way, when I quit the diet, I wouldn't have to feel embarrased because I I was the only one who knew. Now I realize that I need the guilt and the fear of bad health to keep me motivated. I am 30ish, married, and have a 2 1/2 year old son. I am going to school to become a R.N. I have a huge toal loss goal of 85 lbs. My current, more manageable goal, is 10 lbs. I just wanted to say hello and I can't weight (get it...weight, wait....:laugh: haha) to join in!

Misty
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Welcome, and enjoy the site. Everyone is in this together use the support from others to help you along. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: Great sight wondeful people and great support :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I have been here 2 weeks now and I love it...
    Welcome and best wishes!!!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I love it here too. I can't believe how easy it is to lose weight this way. I have tried the carb thing for years. It just worked the one time for me. This is so fantastic. I just put on jeans that I haven't been able to wear for years. Couple of blouses also, that wouldn't do up before. I just started almost 5 weeks ago.
    Make yourself a ticker though. also, try and log in before you eat things at first because it's easier to make good choices then. I even can go to the dairy queen, not every day of course but I figure maybe once a week, small vanilla cone = 230 calories. I love this site.
    Good luck!!!!!!!
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started only recently as well, and found out almost instantly how supportive everyone can be. I'm shy, so I didn't want to participate either, but everyone is so super and in the same boat as everyone else. You will get the inspiration and support you will need to do it.
    No goal ends up being as daunting, as you first feel, with everyone here.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm glad to be here. I'm on my way now to make a ticker. Thanks all!
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    This is so me! I've been waiting to say anything too! I also have a huge weight loss goal! Hang in there, we can do it!!! I just went out to dinner for the first time in two weeks! I did great for the first time in a long time! Passed up the hot, buttery, rolls!!! :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP
    this is the greatest place for support and inspiration

Take it one day at a time and take baby steps. Learn as much as you can from others who are on the journey here. :bigsmile:

Log your food ahead of time so you have a plan and don't have to be thinking about food all day.

drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

you can do it; :bigsmile:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    How's it going so far this week? This is my third week and I'm doing better than I have in 17 years. I've tried to lose this weight a million times! I am spending a little more at the grocery store.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I just wanted to say hello and I can't weight (get it...weight, wait....laugh haha) to join in!
    The pun police fine you 200 calories today. :tongue:

Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: