best time to workout?

Options
i usually work out through out the day but save my longer tapes, dancing, kickboxing for later at night. I started 30ds last night at 9pm and am going to have to do it same time tonight (that's after my kids are read to and sent to bed) then my manthing commented that it was no good to workout right befor bed...is that true?

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I imagine you still burn the same amount? Unless you're putting forth less effort later in the day.

Personally, working out any time other than right when I wake up doesn't work for me. But I think anything you can make routine that works for you should be fine!!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You should do what works for you, and screw what "they" say who the heck are "they" anyways!
    Plus you know any study that comes out saying one is better than the other gets trumped within a year by a new study saying the opposite.
    Thats my two cents!
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I imagine you still burn the same amount? Unless you're putting forth less effort later in the day.

Personally, working out any time other than right when I wake up doesn't work for me. But I think anything you can make routine that works for you should be fine!!

i did usually at 5am, but now both of m children wake up right along with me :P
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i almost always work-out in the mornings b/c that is what fits into my schedule. i can't see how the time of day would have any impact on the intensity or effectiveness of the work-out. :smile:
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym first thing in the morning, which is 5.30am. This is where I do my weight training, then I also go for a run after work. Some people may say this is too far, but I have never felt better!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

This. If I don't work out in the morning, it probably isn't going to happen.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If it works for you then do it. Everybody is different. What works for you may not work for someone else. Burn those calories the way you want to, not because somebody said it doesn't work for them.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Whether you workout in the AM or the PM doesn't really matter -as long as you do it.

Schedule dictates when I workout and that's first thing in the AM at least an hour before anyone else in the house wakes up. If I don't, it won't happen later in the day for one excuse or another.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Whenever you have time to consistently get it done.
  • divastar215
    Options
    i usually work out in the morning. im a morning person. usually get up at like 7 for no reason so i work out then. around 8 ish. i have lots of energy in the morning. weird. i know
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    my understanding is working out before bed can make it a bit harder to fall asleep for some folks.

But if that's not an issue for you - workout at whatever time best suits your needs. :)

I actually have an early morning workout, and a shorter late afternoon workout. Works very well for me.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is a right/wrong here.

But I have heard that w/o before bed can make people have hard time falling asleep. Dont know if that is only relative of not.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Do what works for you. When you work out (especially something as intense as 30DS), you are releasing different hormones into your system that tell your body to burn stored fuel and to repair muscle. There is the potential for these hormones to cause you to be more awake but if it hasn't it the past I wouldn't worry about it.