Last 10 pounds....

Options
I am determined to loose those last 10lbs that have been annoying me for a while :) I know those last ones are the hardest ones, so I would appreciate any advise.

My plan for now is:
3 meals, 2 snacks every day
3 cardio sessions per week- 30 min HIIT
2 full body weight circuits

Replies

• indroska
    Options
    oh, yes and I do yoga twice a week as well, just to keep my stress level down and hoping to increase my flexibility :)
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I think you have a good plan. I'm trying to remind myself that my 5 day a week workouts will probably have to be for life to keep my weight off - but the intensity may be able to drop some!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I too am at my last 10 pounds. I have a friend who recently graduate with 2 BS: Nutrition and Sports Science. She has taken me on as her pet project. She has me eating 5-6 times a day with cardio 5x week and weights 3x week. The first thing she had me do was change what I was eating. I had already a pretty healthy diet (I'd already lost 50 pounds) but she had me make some simple swaps. She made breakfast my largest meal and dinner my smallest. I also eat LOTS of veggies. My snacks usually consist of carrots or celery with PB (I get the Smart Balance), some form of fruit and/or low-fat dairy (cottage cheese, string cheese, yogurt). She wanted me to cut out red meat but I'm anemic and have to eat it for the iron. I just choose leaner cuts and limit it to 2-3 time a week, rounding out the rest of the week's protein with lean chicken, turkey or pork or some form of vegetarian protein (usually beans or lentils as I'm soy intolerant).

Hope this is helpful and good luck on your journey!
  • Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ive got 10lbs left to go too.... it's always the last 10 that are the hardest.

Your plan sounds great, I'm terrible at trying to stick to set meals as I'm such a bad snacker, been trying to have 3 meals a day and 3 snacks butstill havign terrible sugar cravings and keep having weightwatchers or low fat cereal bars instead of fruit, my goal this week is to replace the sugary snacks (even if they are low cal and low fat) with fruit and again stick to 3 meals a day.

Ive planned to do legs,bums and tums classes for 40 mins 3 times a week and doing yoga on the wii fit when the kids are in bed.

As we have the same target feel free to add me as a buddy! I've been here a while but only just discovered the forums.

Heres to looking great for xmas.

Cleo :o)
  • morningbell
    morningbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    changing the breakfast to the largest meal a day sounds like a great idea. My problem is this.. what do you do when those last 10-20 lbs wont come off because your body is comfortable with the exercise and healthy meals?
  • jecka31
    Options
    changing the breakfast to the largest meal a day sounds like a great idea. My problem is this.. what do you do when those last 10-20 lbs wont come off because your body is comfortable with the exercise and healthy meals?

My friend has me changing my routine about every 8 weeks. So if I've been doing full-body weight training she switches it to splits (meaning I work say upper body M/Th and lower body T/F). Varying your cardio helps too. I've found that I actually like to run but I also mountain bike. I want to add swimming back in (I was a competitive swimmer in HS) but don't have access to a pool. You can also try adding team sports.
  • indroska
    Options
    Jecka31, I like the idea of switching the workouts every 8 weeks... I get bored easily, so this might keep me interested. I have a lot of different workout dvds that I could rotate every few weeks.
  • jecka31
    Options
    Jecka31, I like the idea of switching the workouts every 8 weeks... I get bored easily, so this might keep me interested. I have a lot of different workout dvds that I could rotate every few weeks.

I've found that this keeps me from getting bored!! When I run, I try and take different routes each time too. I also run inside a lot (I'm from Texas so it gets HOT during the summer) so I have my treadmill in the living room so I can watch TV and not get bored staring at a wall.