fruits?!?

Options
hdjenkins
hdjenkins Posts: 12 Member
I love fruit.but realize it can have alot of sugar ..I see me going over my sugar mfor the day just by eating fruit..or yogurt..anyhelp or good websites for not going over my sugar grams for the day..such as good things to eat?..thanks for comments

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about watching my sugars, mainly because all of the sugar I consume is from fruits and not added sugars (except for morning coffee with a teaspoon of sugar, and if I have oatmeal I add brown sugar). As long as you aren't eating a significant number of calories a day from fruit, I wouldn't worry. Like today, I had a 1/2 glass of OJ at breakfast and will have 1 cup of raspberries at lunch, so my sugars are already through the roof. I don't really sweat it.
  • hdjenkins
    Options
    thanks for the response..
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of fruit -- between four and ten servings a day. I am healthy as a horse and I've lost over sixty pounds.

Fruit is good for you. Period.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for not telling the OP that 'all sugars are the same and fruit is bad' it drives me insane when I see posters make claims like that. Fruit is good for you, fresh fruit is by far the best for sure.
  • hdjenkins
    Options
    thx for the info! wanted the opinion of others..wow..great responses!..makes me feel better about fruit!