The Wonder of Cinnamon

Options
I have to admit, the last week and a half have been a struggle when it comes to hunger. However, today I was so satisfied after lunch, and am still full now, a few hours later. I used a generous sprinkling of cinnamon on my baked sweet potato, and I think that is responsible for it. I know cinnamon has a positive effect on stabilizing blood sugar and helps me aviod craving sweets, but I didn't realize it could also add to the feeling of fullness/satisfaction. Does anyone else find that adding cinnamon to foods helps them?

Replies

• jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I put in in my shakes , and tea, I never tried my food, I will try it out
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    really..... interesting will have to give it a try
  • Nataliejones5730
    Options
    I have a roommate that adds quite a bit of it to his salads. I'm not sure if he just likes the taste of it or if it is because of some other reason, but he is always eating very healthy. I know it smells good...
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon from the smell to the taste. I make a dish of cottage cheese, cinnamon, and splenda and imagine that I am eating rice pudding! Sometimes I will mix pumpkin in and imagine I am having pumpkin cheesecake. It really is satisfaying to the stomach and gratifying to the senses! :laugh:
  • caseysray
    caseysray Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I add it to my sweet potatoes and my cereal and oatmeal in the morning. I love cinnamon!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I love it in oatmeal and cream of wheat (along w/ some Stevia)

I have been taking a cinnamon supplement and it has helped tremendously....lest I think otherwise, I ran out about 2 weeks ago, and the cravings are coming back with a vengeance....
    THAT tells me something...
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    When I had it on my sweet potato today (with just a little bit of butter) it tasted like pie. It was so wonderful! I need to go buy more now!
  • tanias001
    tanias001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I was at home i would make a drink up of apple cider vineager, cinnamon, ginger, manuka honey and water. This helps with the water retention problem the cinnamon acts as a natural thermogenic( helps to burn fat) ginger helps settle the stomach, the apple cider vineage helps with the joints and the manuka honey has its own healing properties to many to list. I would drink at least a litre of this a day. Since being overseas and not being able to make this up i have really noticed the return of my heartburn, my knees were aching badly and i was sure missing the cinnamon. So I went out and bought apple cider tabs and bought some cinnamon I put the cinnamon in my protein shakes and I am feeling much better already.
    Cinnamon really helps with a lot of things as well.
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love cinnamon but I would never have thought of putting it in savory food... what other meals do you use it in? x
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    I think it can go well in just about anything, but especially starchy foods like potatoes. I'm a vegetarian, but I bet it would make a really good rub for chicken. Also, pretty much any steamed vegetable dish might be yummy, like brocolli or carrots. :)
  • Nataliejones5730
    Options
    I have a roommate that adds quite a bit of it to his salads. I'm not sure if he just likes the taste of it or if it is because of some other reason, but he is always eating very healthy. I know it smells good...

Ok, so I asked my roommate and he said that it has a lot of healthy side effects like improving circulation, lowering blood sugar, aiding in digestion.. I found this article that gives a bit of information on the benefits of Cinnamon..

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/cinnamon/a/cinnamon.htm