New

Options
hey, i'm new and am looking for support. I currently weigh 231 and hoping to eventually get down to 180 but right now I'm starting off small. Would love advice and getting to know other people in the same situation. Add me :-)

Replies

• divastar215
    Options
    im kinda new too!

best advice ive gotten so far:
    1. buy a food scale (makes life easier)
    2. dont necessarily have to eat salad all day...just eat in small portions.
    3. exercise a little each day then have a cheat day once a week in which you exercise for half your normal time.

ive been on this site for less than 24 hrs and ive gotten some great advice and support.
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • lamourfat
    Options
    Hi Gryheart25, I'm new too! Nice to meet you. @Divastar215 Great advice...but what is the scale suppose to do. I hate added effort....are you expected to carry a scale around every where you eat...could there be a better way.
  • andshrinking
    andshrinking Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    add me :)
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For me the biggest struggle is acknowledging what I put into my body. Once I started tracking everything I thought it was going to be impossible to stay at my suggested calorie intake, but I've started to actually do that too. I agree with @divastar215, a food scale is a great investment. It totally helps with portion control!

There's probably plenty you can do with your kids to in order to workout. Even just walking them to the bus stop and back or playing kickball in the backyard.

Don't try and overdo it - it is definitely a process!
  • sunshinelover22
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too and in the same situation! We can help each other! Add me!
  • jraenash
    Options
    Me too! :)
  • divastar215
    Options
    Hi Gryheart25, I'm new too! Nice to meet you. @Divastar215 Great advice...but what is the scale suppose to do. I hate added effort....are you expected to carry a scale around every where you eat...could there be a better way.

oh the scale is just to measure your foods portions/intake. may not necessarily need it but i know i do. lol. definitely not to carry around though.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone! I've only been on here a week, but I'm totally addicted and have already lost my weekly 1.5lbs! Feel free to add me! Good luck to everyone!
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hello