Lite Vinagarette - 70 cals

Afternoon Snack
Mixed Fruit cup - 110 cals
Sugar Free Oatmeal - 130 cals

Dinner
Lite Vegetable Soup - 150

Dessert
popcorn - 100 calories

An average day looks like this calorie and food group wise. Plus I exercise 60 minutes 6 days a week rotating between strength training and cardio. I am stuck at my current weight, I feel great but the scale is not budging. Any advice?

Replies

• Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not eating enough. If your working out maybe your not getting enough fuel to your body and your body is shutting down in starvation mode. Sometimes you just have to adjust your meals to see what works for you!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    That equals 1080cals....your not eating enough.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You are massively undereating. You need to be netting at least 1,200 calories a day - after exercise.

Exercise speeds up your metabolism but calorie restriction slows it down. You are working against your own efforts.

Add lean protein and healthy fat to up your calories. Give it at LEAST two weeks for your body to adjust.

:flowerforyou:
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey huni your not eating enough x thats why - try fruit smooties some more protein x
  • jhcowan
    Options
    Not NEARLY enough calories! You are probably in starvation mode and holding on to every calorie you get. I would also up the protein.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Are you going over in sugar? Do you have that as a tracking item?

I dont know how accurate this is but I personally noticed if I went over on sugar even within my cal intake I didnt lose and even gained half a lb.
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you're eating enough, especially if you are excercising. This all is 1150, I would add a carb as a side for lunch and/or dinner...some brown rice or sweet potato or something along those lines. Maybe a protein shake to up the protein and calories for the day? Also, muscle gain is going to offset weight loss, you may want to measure. Your food choices look great though, keep it up and it'll come off before you know it :o) Good luck!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I see alot of processed foods- Lite this and sugar-free that. For me, and maybe for you, some of the chemicals make you retain weight? I loose better the healthier I eat, including less processed foods. I'd rather eat a bit more in calories and eat less chemicals than eat fewer calories and more chemicals.
    It might be worth a shot to cut back on some processed stuff and see what happens.
    ~maddymama
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Up your calories a bit.... I was on a plateau for a MONTH and just broke through when I upped my calories.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    You are not eating enough! Add more lean protein to your meals. You want to stay above the 1200 calorie mark as this flips your body to starvation mode.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Eat a minimum of 1200 calories PLUS anything burned through exercise. Burn 500 cals? Then eat a minimum of 1700 cals (1200+500). You need energy (calories) to make energy. Otherwise you risk your metabolism storing the little bit you actually give it in fear you are not going to give it anymore.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I see alot of processed foods- Lite this and sugar-free that. For me, and maybe for you, some of the chemicals make you retain weight? I loose better the healthier I eat, including less processed foods. I'd rather eat a bit more in calories and eat less chemicals than eat fewer calories and more chemicals.
    It might be worth a shot to cut back on some processed stuff and see what happens.
    ~maddymama

Ditto what she said.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    1/2 cup greek yogurt - 70 cals
    1/2 cup fiber one original - 60 cals

Morning Snack
    Apple - 70 cals
    Fiber one bar - 140 cals

Lunch
    Garden Salad with 4 oz Grilled chicken - 250
    Lite Vinagarette - 70 cals

Afternoon Snack
    Mixed Fruit cup - 110 cals
    Sugar Free Oatmeal - 130 cals

Dinner
    Lite Vegetable Soup - 150

Dessert
    popcorn - 100 calories

An average day looks like this calorie and food group wise. Plus I exercise 60 minutes 6 days a week rotating between strength training and cardio. I am stuck at my current weight, I feel great but the scale is not budging. Any advice?

Have you tried eating more....???
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? I know some people don't agree with this, but I can't imagine how anyone's body can function doing that much exercise on only just 1200 calories over the long term.

I eat back my exercise calories and it works for me... I realise that it may or may not work for those that have only a small amount to lose (15 pounds or less).... so you will have to try it for a couple of weeks and see.

Read this - www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • anglia97
    Options
    Since you are doing weight training you want see a huge drop in pounds. Your building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. As long as you see a difference in inches you are on the right path.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Since you are doing weight training you want see a huge drop in pounds. Your building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. As long as you see a difference in inches you are on the right path.

It takes months to gain muscle. Weight gain from strength training is glycogen and water stored in the muscles for repair. It is nearly impossible to gain muscle when you are eating at a caloric deficit.

Muscle and fat weigh exactly the same (1 lb = 1 lb). Muscle is much denser and therefore takes up less room.

It's not good to perpetuate these outdated notions.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

Yep because at a calorie deficit you gain pounds and pounds of muscle . :ohwell:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight?
  • hoopgal16
    hoopgal16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'5 131

I know this days calorie intake was only 1150 but I normally range between 1200-1350.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you're not losing with that deficit - personally I think what has been posted about not eating enough is rubbish - no one ever got fat eating too little. But maybe you can work on your macros a bit? Add more protein. For example with your dinner. Do you really need all those snacks? I'd just shift those calories to your actual meals. Is the mixed fruit cup one of those syrupy deals? I'd swap that out and replace with a real piece of plain fruit.
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I read in a magazine interview with Jillian Michaels and she said sometimes when you are stuck at a plateau it helps to up your calorie intake by 10% and skip a day of exercise, it throws your body for a loop by you increasing your calorie intake, sometimes your body gets too used to the routine and this may help rev up your metabolism. The only thing I would add is make sure you are drinking a lot of water, and include vegetables such as broccoli, maybe sub the lite dressing for 0 cal red wine vinegar. Good luck.