LUNCH IDEAS FOR WORK DAYS

Options
Does anyone have any ideas about healthy lunch I can pack for my lunches while at work. I have been taking a sandwich with light bologna and luttuce; but that is just getting old now and want something different.

What are some things that you pack for your lunch?

Replies

• kellybell2011
    kellybell2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    12667957.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kellybell2011
    kellybell2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry, new here and figuring out how to post. I like to bring leftovers but one of my favorite lunches is soup ( I particularly like the Kroger chunky soups) and raw carrots with hummus. I also like to take deli turkey or a piece of swiss cheese and wrap it with lettuce, throw in pickles and lettuce.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a fridge or microwave?

Tuna salad on whole wheat

Soup / whole grain crackers

cottage cheese & fruit with whole grain crackers

Veggie salad with grilled chicken
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I will pack a can of albacore tuna, salmon, turkey breast or a chicken breast with a salad or sweet potatoes. Maybe some brown rice.
    I also pack a snack of almonds, grapes, an apple, a yogurt, etc.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Leftovers-I particularily like leftover salmon on sandwich thins, greek yogurt with fruit, raw veggies.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    There are so many different varieties of Lunchables....and they are light/quick/filling...and easy!! :smile:
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are in! Lol... I'm on a budget so I find it hard to find things for me to take to work for lunch that are healthy and not too expensive. I get tired of the frozen dinners and cup of noodles and I'm not really a big bread fan and get tired of sandwiches. Decisions, decisions.....
  • jublum
    Options
    are there any soups that are LOW in sodium (besides homemade), I like "soup at hand" but I was told they are not all that good for you? Any feedback?
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I stick with leftovers, the sunkist tuna kits, lean cuisines and occaisionally I'll have a soup or salad from a fast food joint
  • anglia97
    Options
    I've started making Salsa Chicken over brown rice and bringing that for lunch.
  • damzie
    damzie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm anxious to hear some others' good ideas, but here's my current rotation:
    - Tuna on crackers with an apple
    - Soup with crackers (I kind of love Saltines)
    - Boca Spicy Chicken Patty on one of those thin bun things (I put a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and some hot sauce on there too), carrots with hummus
    - Leftovers if I'm lucky

Good luck!
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you have a fridge and microwave you can do a lot of different things. I usually alternate between soup, sandwiches, chicken and veggies, salads and sometimes the occassional smart one.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do a low carb tortilla stuffed with lean roast beef, spicy mustard, red pepper strips and spinach. Add a fruit, some nuts or edamame, and a serving of cheese and I'm set for the day. I spread all of this out throughout a 6 - 8 hour period.
  • joannegabl
    joannegabl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I cook on the weekends, portion everything off, and freeze meals (some freeze better than others). I get my recipes from CookingLight.com and they are healthy and taste amazing. Not big on soup and sandwiches, salads or traditional TV dinners. I eat foods that I like and have a variety to choose from throughout the week.
  • CAMY_WEST
    Options
    Do you have a microwave? I used to pack those small microsteam veggies and just eat one pack of veggies for lunch, I did really good loosing weight that way...... of course that was years ago