Low Calorie Pancakes (65 calories EACH!)

Options
ADobs
ADobs Posts: 160 Member
Low Calorie Pancakes (makes 8 medium sized pancakes - 65 calories each):

What You Need

Whole Wheat Pastry Flour - 1 cup
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
1% Buttermilk – ¾ cup
Skim milk - ¼ cup
Egg white from 1 large egg
Promise Light Buttery Spread – 2 tablespoons

Make It

Mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda) in a medium sized bowl (at least 4 cup capacity).

Combine milk and buttermilk (I do this in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup).

Separate one large egg (and discard the yolk) and beat the egg white using a handheld mixer. It usually only takes about 1 minute on low speed to make the egg white totally frothy. Add the egg white to the milk mixture and mix briefly. The egg beating adds air to the batter creating fluffier pancakes. If you don’t want or care about fluffy pancakes, you can skip the handheld mixer part. Add the Buttery Spread to the milk mixture and mix briefly.

Dump all of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork or a whisk until just combined (over-mixing lets air out of the batter decreasing fluffiness).

Heat a nonstick griddle, skillet, or frying pan over medium heat. Coat lightly with a cooking spray.

I use a ¼ cup measure as a scoop to pour a well-defined amount of batter onto the cook surface. This recipe makes eight ¼ cup pancakes.

After the top of the pancake has started bubbling, when the sides of the pancake have cooked a slightly noticeable amount, flip the pancake. Cooking the second side usually only takes about half the time as the first. If the pancakes are coming out too dark or too light according to your taste, lower the heat or raise the heat respectively.

Reapply cooking spray to the cook surface as necessary, and try to cook all of the pancakes within an hour or two of mixing the batter.

Replies

• MarshallCroft
    Options
    Excellent recipe, Adobs!!

What would be the nutrition information as well? Still, 65 cals is excellent!!
  • MCDKI
    MCDKI Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i add protein powder 1/2 scoop and oat emal instead of flour and it is so filling