10pm and I have 500cals left.. umm..help?

Options
My food choice havent been amazing today but I am not regretting them as they tasted great and I haven't been hungry. So now after not feeling hungry I am starting to feel a little peckish so I go to my diary to see how bad today has been and it turns out I have cals left..

what would you eat if anything?

Replies

• beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Banana with pb on it!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    As you say, you haven't eaten the healthiest today. Plus, your remaining calories are exercise cals - you're over the baseline 1200 so its no big deal if you don't feel like eating more.

I'd have a piece of fruit, since you're a bit low in fresh stuff today.
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    agreed. banana with peanut butter. or eat a veggie salad: 1 tomato, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/4 small onion, 1/3 avocado, 2 tbsp vinaigrette, 1/2 chopped cucumber, and 2 cups lettuce.....
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    munch on a serving of nuts and water or tea
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you need to get some good fruits and veggies into your body.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I would eat several hundred more calories, you've around 1200 but you worked off over 500. As a general rule, I try not to eat below 1200 net a day (meaning 1700 if you've worked off 500). Try peanut butter- it's high in calories and healthy fats! Plus it's delicious :D
    Almonds, avocado, hummus, whole-fat dairy and olive oil are also great calorie-dense foods that won't leave you too stuffed :D
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Save it for another day. When I was on WW, they would allow you to save up points for a big day if it was in the same week. Don't stuff yourself because of a number.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite snacks - fruit & cheese! String cheese & a pear, sharp cheddar & an apple... soo yummy.
  • Jen_130
    Options
    I would find that a Kashi granola bar, Tofutti chocolate popsicle or Skinny cow popsicle, or some greek yogurt would be satisfying! And by the way these are all anywhere from 50 cal to 150 cal only! Have a little treat!
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    That is such a good idea. I will have to try that out and see how it works.
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    nothing like a nice slice of toast !
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I never eat for the sake of eating. It all comes out in the wash.
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That late at night... I would stick to something light and easily digestible. Someone said a banana and PB, I agree. Tomorrow, you should plan your calories a little better. ;)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I eat fiber cereal (all bran buds is my fave) and 1/2 cup skim milk at night when I've got cals leftover.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Drink some water and go to bed.
  • grassette
    Options
    The other thing to keep in mind, is that you should go to bed on an empty stomach, and not be lying down while you are digesting food. Those with an acid reflux problem have to wait 3 hours after eating to go to bed.
  • grassette
    Options
    The other thing to keep in mind, is that you should go to bed on an empty stomach, and not be lying down while you are digesting food. Those with an acid reflux problem have to wait 3 hours after eating to go to bed.