university halls + exercise

Options
hey all! i'm a first year at uni and i live in halls of residence, and i get on with my flatmates pretty well, but im worried that they will judge me if i use my exercise dvd to get some exercise in when im in the flat. i've used it when the girl in the room next to mine (who is skinny -.-) has been out but thats not altogether too often! any advice is much appreciated please! :-) xxx

EDIT: I do mean i would use the dvd in my room with the door locked, not in a communal area :)

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Does the university have a fitness center/workout area that is open to students? Perhaps you could bring a laptop there and do the workout with like-minded folks if you're worried about disturbing room mates or room mates judging you.
  • Korrinn
    Options
    Ask them to do it with you! you'd be surprised how many people want to get in shape and avoid the "Freshman 15". They might even be good accountability partners.

At least mention it and if they don't mind, then go for it in your own room
  • cainieftw
    Options
    I can't really use the gym because it costs a lot of money and i just don't have it, that's why i want to use my DVD in my room, thanks for the reply though.
    Korrinn, that's an awesome idea, I bet they'd love to join in! thanks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If your DVD is low impact chances are they won't even know you're doing it. Look for lower impact moves as alternatives ..... here's low impact jumping jacks ......... http://www.ehow.com/how_4515556_do-low-impact-jumping-jacks.html
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thats definitely the way to go! I used to be worried about working out in my sorority house (my sisters all look like models haha ugggh), but then I sucked it up and started doing it and they actually wanted to join me!!! It was something we looked forward to and had fun with it! So try it out :wink: