Watchout When Travelling!

Options
Only been only ten days or so, but I've been consistent with exercise and diet and am on track to reach my goals. Here's the watchout; I went away on business for two days this week, and even though I "thought" I was watching my diet, guess what? These were the only two days I didn't meet my caloric goal - I exceeded my limits! Damn!

Well; just a note for others - you have to watch your intake even closer when traveling!

javascript:add_smiley('noway','topic_body')
Noway

Replies

• mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Only been only ten days or so, but I've been consistent with exercise and diet and am on track to reach my goals. Here's the watchout; I went away on business for two days this week, and even though I "thought" I was watching my diet, guess what? These were the only two days I didn't meet my caloric goal - I exceeded my limits! Damn!

Well; just a note for others - you have to watch your intake even closer when traveling!

javascript:add_smiley('noway','topic_body')
    Noway
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
    So true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to a conference in Wash, DC starting Sunday through next Friday:grumble: :grumble:

You know how that conference food is :explode:

I'm packing my own oatmeal packages, snacks and will try my best to eat lightly. I do pretty good at this, but sometimes a new restaurant just takes me down the wrong lane :mad:

Anyhow, I will try my best, will report during the week.

Thanks for reminding me! :drinker:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I'm taking my kids to Vegas, LA and SF over spring break, most of it will be in the car and at hotels. I'm taking snacks and a jumprope. I hope to have modified behavior enough by then to make good choices at the free breakfast bar in the hotels.
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    Yeah,

I carry the exercise bands with me. I can get a pretty good workout in the hotel room with those. I also try to use the hotel's exercise rooms (when I can) sometimes they're filled when I have time to use the room, so I make sure that I put in my part and work the bands.

Really try to avoid buffet meals, you can pile on 4000 calories and not realize it. Go for the oatmeal and a fruit or yogurt. Take a banana for a snack later. :smile:

Enjoy your trip!:wink:
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    I am headed to Memphis 2 of the next three weeks and I am glad the hotel has a fitness room. I may still have to splurge on a lttle Rendesvous BBQ. If anyone has ever been there you know what I mean
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    My corporate headquarters are in Memphis:laugh:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a week in Vegas....it was very hard to eat right. I tried my best, and was only "bad" a couple of times:wink: I was on vacation for goodness sake!!:smooched: I'm not getting on the scale for another week, but I really feel I didn't gain anything while away! I'm back on track now. I really missed being on here, and logging my daily intake.! Glad to be back!:happy:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I am headed to Memphis 2 of the next three weeks and I am glad the hotel has a fitness room. I may still have to splurge on a lttle Rendesvous BBQ. If anyone has ever been there you know what I mean

Oh yum - lived in Memphis for a little over 1 year. If you do splurge - enjoy it and don't let the guilt bug get you!! Just a little more exercise - and drink lots of water to get rid of the sodium induced water retention!! Have fun!