Weight training exercises don't have a calories burnt value_

Options
I've used the search function to find my gym exercises but the app doesn't award a calories burnt amount. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Weight Training is under Cardio for the cals burned.
    The weight training section is like a tracker.
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No... it varies so much from person to person and exercise to exercise that it'd be impossible to put in the system. If you really want to record calories burned during a weight training session you'd have to get a heart rate monitor that did calories. I don't record calories burned for strength training.

Scott
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You can use the cardio setting for weight training...IF and ONLY if you raised your heart rate to 60-85% of your MHR consistently for a long period. Little burst here and there should not be counted as it will give you a skewed calories burned.
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On the subject of exercise.....has anyone tried the Insanity workout and/or know how many calories you might burn for one of his workouts. I know each day of the week is different but I too have tried putting the workout in and get nothing.. It's such an intense workout, I know there has to be some serious calorie burnage going on!!!